Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Mine to. Thank you Mr. Obama! Now please give me more, whoops sorry I forgot I'm not a bank or auto manufacturer, Have a great day everybody! Les

The "disparity between states" on Veterans benefits extends to the stimulus package, because I have not gotten my stimulus check yet, and my son never got his last year, either.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the stimulus for both years was for 100% vets and it looks as tho you are rated 40%. I could be wrong, tho. I don't believe there is any disparity on national benefits. States are free to do what they want. Some give bonuses, tax breaks, free education, disabled vet plates, etc. and some don't.

pr

The "disparity between states" on Veterans benefits extends to the stimulus package, because I have not gotten my stimulus check yet, and my son never got his last year, either.

• HadIt.com Elder

The $250 is for all vets that are receiving service connected compensation or a nsc pension. I have not seen anything on limits for percentages. The checks going out in May are not from the VA, though. These are for SSA recipients. The VA recipients will get theirs in June. You will only get one or the other, though.

90%, TDIU P&T

Phillip..

This common misconception has been refuted by the Attorney General himself: Certain states, do, in fact, compensate their Veterans less:

http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/04/...k_vasil_of.html

Some regional offices pay lower compensation to Veterans in their area by rating them lower.

Sure..50% is still 28% of 100%, according to the VA fuzzy math. (If you dont beleive me..look up the 100% rating..then look up 50%. You will notice that 50% is not half of 100%, it is much less..about 28%, depending on dependents, to be precise).

However, while one RO may rate a Veteran at 70%, the next RO may assign it a much lower rating.

By doing that, the average compensation over millions of Veterans, is much less in some states than in others.