Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc Increase Vs Tdiu

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I hope this makes sense. I was rated 10 percent for left knee patellofemoral chondromylacia and 30 percent depression secondary to knee condition, this was in 07. I recently applied for increased rating of depression and bilateral hearing loss with tinnitis. I went to my QTC exams and also filled out the paperwork they sent me and returned it. Now a few weeks ago I received another pile of papers to fill out talking about individual unemployability. My question is what in tdui and does this take the place of my increased rating request or do they go together. I've tried to talk to my RSO about it but can't get through to him I know they are busy, so I thought I would ask for help here. thanks in advance.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Once the VA gets a 21-8940 TDIU form they will consider you for TDIU- it is paid at the 100% SC comp rate.

The VA will award TDIU upon receipt of this form to any vet (regardless of established rating) whose SC prevents them from becoming employed.

RTell them of any side affects of your meds, that would hinder employment and anything else that could impact on the TDIU claim-

If you do not receive SSA disability- check yes to where it asks if you are applying for SSA and apply for SSA.

If you receive SSA now for this same disability make sure they know that- you can attach more pages- refer to additional pages under # 25 Remarks,put your c file # on everything and copy it all before signing and sending it all to them.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

You posted,

"The VA will award TDIU upon receipt of this form to any vet (regardless of established rating) whose SC prevents them from becoming employed."

We can read, quote and meet the criteria for all part's of IU to include

Part b ---- and VBA continues to deny and just shit all over us.

Many, many, many of us vet's have our VA doc's medical opinion's,

credible and probative medical evidence,that clearly state our SC'd conditions

render us unemployable, with poor prognosis for any improvement, fully supported

in the opinion with their medicall rationale, but continue to have TDIU denied --

even when we have the VA disability percentage stated in the regs.

and even when we are receiving SSD for the same damned disabilities.

Bxxturds love to say that anything at all in your medical records that is not service connected,

is the reason for our inability to maintain substantial gainful employment.

VARO Mailroom's Suck!

But spoliating,dis-regarding and twisting evidence, they get an Aplus on that.

I state this because even the mailroom VARO employees make decisions on

what's done with our claims.

VARO RATERS SUCK !

But spoliating,dis-regarding, twisting and cherry picking bits and piece's that they choose

to put or not put from the Medical Evidence,in the Reasons and Bases Section of

Rating Decision's SOC's and SSOC's they get an Aplus on that.

DRO's SUCK !

BVA & AMC SUCK !

in thousand upon thousand's

of their Rating Decision's.

I wish this was as easy as it sounds :)

If you can't tell -- I am just fregging fed up past my eyeballs with their lies,deceit

and being trampled all over.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy

I think the VA is considering a claim for inferred TDIU. That is good since you must have met the percentage requirements. Are you working? If you did not request TDIU and the VA sent you the paperwork they must have a reason for sending you this stuff. If you are not working then this is a good sign in my opinion. It means you are getting a higher rating that puts you in the TDIU ballpark.

Navy

I think the VA is considering a claim for inferred TDIU. That is good since you must have met the percentage requirements. Are you working? If you did not request TDIU and the VA sent you the paperwork they must have a reason for sending you this stuff. If you are not working then this is a good sign in my opinion. It means you are getting a higher rating that puts you in the TDIU ballpark.

I am not working I have not worked since June of last year, I did not apply for an increase to my depression until late Feb along with bilateral hearing loss and tinnitus. So will TDIU take the place of my rating increase or will they still rate me? Are they together i'm confused since I thought I'd filled out all of their paperwork and here they are sending me something I was not asking for or expected after my QTC exams by psychologist and audiologist. Will I be able to get copies of those exams to see what they said? I know I have alot of questions :unsure: thanks

Once the VA gets a 21-8940 TDIU form they will consider you for TDIU- it is paid at the 100% SC comp rate.

The VA will award TDIU upon receipt of this form to any vet (regardless of established rating) whose SC prevents them from becoming employed.

RTell them of any side affects of your meds, that would hinder employment and anything else that could impact on the TDIU claim-

If you do not receive SSA disability- check yes to where it asks if you are applying for SSA and apply for SSA.

If you receive SSA now for this same disability make sure they know that- you can attach more pages- refer to additional pages under # 25 Remarks,put your c file # on everything and copy it all before signing and sending it all to them.

I have not applied for SSA was not thinking I would be out of work this long was just not working until stable on my meds which to be honest I was not thinking it would take this long, but financially I'm struggling on what I get now and am well robbing Peter to pay Paul and more often than not someone does not get paid at all.

navydoc2,

Under certain conditions, if a veteran is rated at less than

100 % schedular SC'd and if VA decide you have the right evidence,

meet the requirements - and the decision maker promulgates a correct

decision, then even though the veteran is rated at XX% OR increased to

say 60, 70 or 80 % - then the VA will compensate the veteran at the 100% rate.

If that happens for you --- then you will want to learn about a thing called P&T.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.