Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cancer

Rate this question

blood

Question

:)

just got a phone call, the va doc said the lump he cut out of my neck.had squamous cell cancer, in it ? what now ? is it from agent orange?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

That's a form of skin cancer....a mild form (I've had it twice)....more likely from over exposure to the sun as a child and young adult.

The thing to ask is if the borders are clean....meaning did they get it all. You will need to go to the derm doc regularly and have skin checks for suspicious moles and spots.

Use good sunscreen.

Skin cancer is classified by the type of skin cells in which it develops: basal cells or squamous cells. Most basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers can be cured but, if left until late, can cause significant disfigurement. Most often a skin cancer is removed by surgery, along with some of the skin around it.People treated for skin cancer should be re-examined by a doctor regularly so that cancer can be detected early if it returns.

**Melanoma (a third type) skin cancer is far less common but far more serious than basal or squamous cell cancers.

"The Merck Manual of Health & Aging", 2004 by Merck & Co., Inc.

**I do not see basal,squamous, or melanoma cancer (all skin cancers) listed on any of the Agent Orange diseases recognized by the VA as connected to Agent Orange Exposure.

(Thanks "Wings" for catching my oversight).

Edited by vmo

• HadIt.com Elder
:unsure:

just got a phone call, the va doc said the lump he cut out of my neck.had squamous cell cancer, in it ? what now ? is it from agent orange?

x

x

x

I think he's asking which of the cancers (types) are presumed service connected to Agent Orange? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

i hasve skin problems, not only welling kin and swelling limgs from edema,, but I also have the moles. The dermatolgist at the VA is concerned with mine and I have al these irregular moles al over..

they removed some.. and I cant tell you even though they give you a numbing shot, after that wears off it is two weeks of pain hell.

the skin moles are a ll kinds of shapes and colors.. it is very scary and every time I see a new one (moslty on my back) but I also have them on my legs and stomach), I freak out.. they seem to be more and more every few weeks...

mine can be flay, or scaly, and some can bleed if scratched..

I have a history of skin problems from my work with petroleum chemicals..

I will probably file for those if/when all my other claims are finished, if ever.. they are taking years to go though and try to win..

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg