Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Difference Between Mild And Moderate And So On

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

for example i have siacitia secondary to ddd back ...its rated 10% mild..lol how do i get moderate or moderate severe.. is it just the c&p choice thier no discription about this under some disiabilites

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

rgero,

If a doctor RX'd you to ambulate in a wheel chair and this is not

a temporary situation this documentation needs to be provided to the

VARO. Also, who provided the wheel chair ?

carlie

i bought it no doctor ave it to me...i heard you ahd to go through a lot to get one... i have a cane but a wheel chair is easier and on my bad days i cant walk at all...i never ask a doctor for this..situation isnt temperary i have ddd and siacticia which has been and will get worse... at my c&p exam the dr made me get up and walk so i did and my gait was bad and i walked ......and had to sit down...

i bought it no doctor ave it to me...i heard you ahd to go through a lot to get one... i have a cane but a wheel chair is easier and on my bad days i cant walk at all...i never ask a doctor for this..situation isnt temperary i have ddd and siacticia which has been and will get worse... at my c&p exam the dr made me get up and walk so i did and my gait was bad and i walked ......and had to sit down...

For C&P examinations the examiner's will make note

if you arrived with any assistive device's such as

a cane, walker or wheelchair.

VA doctor's will usually also make note of this when

you go to appointments and or treatment's/therapy.

Now even tho we feel we need these things to ambulate,

this too should be noted and/or RX'd thru prosthetics by your doctors,

in order to properly support your claims.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

"Mild" = You don't get your rating.

"Moderate" = Never gonna happen and if it should they'll change it.

I got a "moderate" on an MRI on my knee and the report was "amended" stating it was in error and should have indicated a "mild" abnomally. :)

My IMO doctor said they really low balled me and refuted it calling in a radiologist for a second opinion.

In one C&P, they recorded "gait steady" then shortly after in the report said 'could not raise on feet sufficient to test gait.' So how do you report "gait steady"? :blink::huh: :( :angry: Oh. I have had canes, walker and a scooter provided by VA. Odd that they provide such equipment to folks with "mild" conditions.

But, on the practical side, they're right about getting the need or better yet, issue of, ambulatory aids. Until that is done, there is no "record" that you actually have need of such devices. Just ask for it. I went through hell at an airshow even with my walker so asked for a wheel chair to attend sporting events and such like and they set me up with the scooter! :D

Sometimes things work out good. But the point is, if I hadn't asked for something...

Make sure to gripe about every ache, pain, grind, creak and pop whenever you show up at VA. You have to establish a "record of complaint" or a "history" of your condition. I know I nursed mine along for years on my own with my own cane, and swallowing ibuprofen by the handful (or so it seemed at the time). So when I first filed, my first denial said, "no history of Complaint."

Make your condition known and establish a paper trail.

SCIDVET

That post was hilarious, and informative. WE need to let the next guy know what killed our claim.

Divided we fail, united we prevail.

The VA has became our new enemy, and they get to us by claiming they want to help us. "WE are with the government and are here to help you. (Trap and red flag #1) "

I think the key is determining who really is there to help you and who is the enemy. Remember that Veterans have infiltrated the VA and some of them really are there to help us. Of course, the VA has many regulations preventing Veterans from helping Veterans, and to ensure that as little of the VA budget as possible actually goes to helping Veterans.

Some VA docs ARE there to help Veterans. QTC quacks, however, are there to insure their profits, and the profit of QTC, at the expense of Veterans. The VA uses QTC quacks to make sure that most legitimate claims will be denied. You see, there is a conflict of interest between QTC and the VA, and that is a political hot button that the VA ferioucisly defends their position.

Remember this, tho. The VA signs the C a P docs checks. No commissions..just regular pay of about $95-200k per year to the doc. QTC quacks, however, are paid on commission. They only get paid for C and P exams, but they get $500 for every one. However, if the QTC quack does not give evidence to deny the Veterans claim, then he will get very few C and P exams, and, at $500 per month, the QTC employee trying to help Veterans will starve to death. However, if the QTC quack

"signs on" and gives evidence to deny the Veteran, he will get many, many $500 for twenty minute exams. He can earn many times what the VA doc earns, and the QTC quack has a much lesser degree..usually a PA or nurse practioner.

The looser in this is always the Veteran. The Veteran was snared because he did not know who the enemy was. If your C and P doc does NOT TREAT Veterans, and does only exams, your "doc" is NOT there to help you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I do believe that complaining like hell does get results. You want to go to your VA appointments and tell them about falls etc. I got a cane because I fell at home due to foot problems and to the pills I take. I don't know how they can say a vet has a mild or even moderate condition if he is in a wheelchair or scooter. Obviously you have lost ability to walk and that is a big deal. At my VAMC I have found that the VA has a hard time getting doctors like neurologists to do C&P exams. The ones they do have seem quite willing to give the vet the benefit of doubt.

yea i see where you guys are coming from..next time i go i am asking for a wheel chair...and like this other guys told me to start getting my medical records once a month to see what my va dr is saying.... i think next time i going to just type out what going on and say here is what i go through every day...