Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Delay Tactic?

Rate this question

samclemmons

Question

I had my C&P exam a couple months ago so the waiting began. Today I received a letter from the Veteran's Service Center Manager saying that they had "requested copies of my treatment records or other evidence" from my doctors who wrote opinions for me. The rub is that these documents were ALREADY included in the claim package I sent way back when. Am I supposed to guess what "other evidence" they requested from my doctors? Do I visit my doctors and get the records again or do I send in what I already sent?

Unbelievable how obtuse this system is.

Cheers.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Did you get a copy of your C&P exam?

When was the last time you got a current copy of your VA medical records?

Are all of these docs that they (the VA) are requesting additional info from VA docs??

I know...that's alot of questions...but I guess the thing I like to stress is to always have current copies of *everything*. This includes copies of x-rays, scans, stuff like that which you have to ask for separately.

Did you get a copy of your C&P exam?

I didn't want to hang things up so I didn't request one. I plan on getting one after the decision. It was done by the ATC folks.

When was the last time you got a current copy of your VA medical records?

I have an up to date record of my VA medical records, xrays and MRI results.

Are all of these docs that they (the VA) are requesting additional info from VA docs??

They are requesting this information from my civilian docs. One is a podiatrist. The other I went to for an opinion. He is an Orthopaedic Surgeon and Board certified Medical Examiner. They both reviewed my medical records, xrays and MRI results from the VAMC. I included the progress notes from my visits to these guys and they both wrote favorable opinions.

I know...that's alot of questions...but I guess the thing I like to stress is to always have current copies of *everything*. This includes copies of x-rays, scans, stuff like that which you have to ask for separately.

This is odd? the C&P examiner is to read these records, he is to or often makes recommendations on the medical history of the person he/she is examining. yup it sound like a stall to me.....I would send the records that are date stamped AAAAAGAIN and tell him the the said records already exist in your c-file...Yog

• In Memoriam

You can request your C&P results from your VAMC medical records office without hanging up anything. It is already a matter of record, after 2 months, they will just print a copy of it and give it or mail it to you.