Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Said This All Along

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The VA OIG now says that Pittsburg RO employees delay Veterans claims to get bonus money.

Are we supposed to believe that this does not happen in other Regional Offices?

You can bet the VA will do one of two things:

1. Say this is an "isolated incident" and that corrective action has been taken. Or

2. Remain silent on the issue, covering it up all together and not responding to it at all.

The story is here:

watchdog: VA delays claims for bonuses

My claim took 7 years and I lost my home during that time. I wonder how much of a bonus VA employees got by causing me to loose my home?

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, I wish I could say this was a big shocker. How ever I deeply feel they just got caught and they are not they only RO to practice this kind of service they provide to veterans. I my self received a denial in the month of February so thin they wouldn't even send me an SOC that was written up in December before I even completed my C&P's and just by reading the denial you could tell they (VARO)did not touch the file or even read the evidence, went so far as to list critical evidence but not even make mention of it till 1 1/2 later at a DRO Hearing that and before we even got started they made a mention of it and they had missed it and edited out of the hearing recording.. Do I believe PA RO cheat veterans out of there benefits for there own self gain I bet my soul to the devil. Do I believe PA is the only one who does this, no way in hell... Yog

Sorry guys I just wanted to throw in a little edit here. If there guys (VARO"S) are so over whelmed and over worked and more veterans than ever filing for or adding new claims to the ones they all ready have, I mean really? Don't ya think this would raise an eye brow? Held over 10 claims short to get these bonuses "my foot", well buddy this tells me one thing could you imagine what the denial rate of this must of look like...?

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• HadIt.com Elder

You know it is almost Memorial day, and the VA is still plotting and planning new methods to delay and deny compensation claims. This makes a mockery of evetything said on Memorial day about honoring the veterans and honoring the dead. How many of these widows got cheated out of DIC, and how many vets committed suicide while waiting for their compensation cases to be approved. I wonder if the VA keeps statistics on this?

Pete is right.

People were inflamed after corporate executives awarded themselves large bonuses with funds taxpayers paid to bail them out.

Now that VA is awarding bonuses to employees for failure, is it any wonder these employees keep on failing?

Pete is right.

People were inflamed after corporate executives awarded themselves large bonuses with funds taxpayers paid to bail them out.

Now that VA is awarding bonuses to employees for failure, is it any wonder these employees keep on failing?

Not to ruffle feathers and to far off topic yes this is ture but there is more to that, 1) most of them offered to give the money back you think that may happen here? 2) those companies have offered to start paying the money back because they are starting to make money the Obama administration rejected the offer because they would rather hang on to the preferred stock. The Government owns the Veterans Admin and on the other hand thew government is looking to own the banks .. though I get what Pete is saying I do feel the fact are a little different. These folks are suppose to be helping us with our claims but in stead they are screwing veteran to fill there own pocket, they are breaking the LAW I feel here. JM2C not to offend...Yog

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

Yog...

Another good point! If the VA employees pay back their bonus money for delaying claims, then we should probably forgive them. So far, none have offered to pay any of it back! It sounds like even the corporate executives are more credible than those people in the VA who take bonuses for delaying Veterans claims with the excuse they were confused.

I remember when VA employees were also "confused" on whether or not to shred Veterans evidence.

What is the difference between yesterday's Burger King wrapper and Veterans claim evidence?

Answer: According to the VA, who is confused about the issue and needs further training, there is no difference. Management Bonuses should be awarded for shredding both.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder if the AMC gets bonuses? Could save alot of intentional backlogs by dumping that branch.

Remand after remand after remand after remand......than on to the BVA?