Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Ptsd Drug

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

Anyone know anything about this drug...? I've done some research on it, but most people online are taking it for other things. My symptoms are primarily irratibility and all the other stuff PTSD shares with us. Anyone else taking it for PTSD? ;)

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I took 40 mg of Citalopran and it didn't seem to do anything for me. I think they affect everyone differently.

Now they have me on 8 mg of Prazosin which is supposed to help me by having fewer nightmares. A month ago it seemed to help but the last 3 weeks with Memorial Day and other triggers the nightmares are as bad as ever.

• HadIt.com Elder

Nortriptolene is a very old drug. Looks like your Doc is trying to treat on the cheap. Lots of side effects. That is my experience. Most people with anxiety problems are vbery sensitive to medication. I am also I take Celexa when I remember to take it.

If you are not doing well you should talk to your Doc. Talking to other people can get you into troube. Be very careful.

My suggestion is to ask your Doc why the prescriptions are prescribed. what ios supposed to be accomplished. You should know if they explain if it is working or not.

Good Luck

Anyone know anything about this drug...? I've done some research on it, but most people online are taking it for other things. My symptoms are primarily irratibility and all the other stuff PTSD shares with us. Anyone else taking it for PTSD? ;)

I agree with Pete, you should talk to your doctor about the meds as they affect everyone differently. Also, you can call the pharmacy and ask to speak with a pharmacist and they will be able to answer some of your questions.

Hope this helps

Bergie

Oh no I know that the best thing to do is talk to my doctor, which I did he gave me the meds. I just wanted to hear from regular people like me who are "actually" taking the meds. Not a doc who reads about it, just helps me understand better when I hear it in plain english from an average joe. (persay) ;)

I take lamictal for bipolar disorder. I have noticed some positive results for my mood swings but the depression, anxiety, and insomnia are still ongoing problems. I've been on various SSRI's for depression but none have worked. At various times I have been on Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil (worst), Lexapro, Effexor, and Wellbutrin. There been more. I just can't think of the names.

Frank