VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Too Depressed For Therapy

Rate this topic

I'm being put in touch with the Dayton Vet Center. I've put this off for a very long time because of the whole thing of starting over,

Purple,

The tdoc I saw for years at my Vet Center was great.

I never has a starting point at any of my appointment's.

Hope your's goes well.

carlie

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was so pissed at the appt with this new lady yesterday. She didn't know squat about me. So why then does the VA bother with this fancy electronic record-keeping system when no one bothers to use it? A few minutes of reading on her part would've saved us much time.

The only thing she knew about me was my name.

Here she was, one of the suicide prevention coordinators....had no idea about my past suicide history. Still doesn't...she never asked. In fact, we talked very little about about my suicidal feelings. She only asked if I was feeling suicidal...I said yes.

That was it!

Wow....she really helped. I feel soooooo much better now (insert sarcasim here)...

Still waiting on a reply from the Dayton Vet Center. A lady (therapist) from another vet center is contacting the Team Lead there for me and that person hasn't replied to her yet. *sigh*

My patience runs extremely thin these days.

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to your congressman's office and tell them you went to your local VAMC and told them you were suicidal and they turned you away. Take a bag with you and your toothbrush.

• HadIt.com Elder

Darn, Purp, they sure are giving you the old "run-around".

Here's what I've found about the words "suicide" or "suicidal".......these "Mental Healthcare Professionals" just can't quite STAND those words. It scares the bejesus out of them. NONE of them want a "suicide" on their watch, ya know? So, they operate upon the old adage "just ignore it, it'll go away" and, fer gosh sakes DO NOT MENTION those two words OUT LOUD.........'cause you might put the "evil-eye" on yourself and the patient in question just might go pin a note on themselves, blaming YOU (said Mental Healthcare Professional), just before they step out on the train tracks to await the arrival of the 4:15.

I just spent this whole morning (and afternoon, mostly) going to the Dallas VAMC for my every three months regularly scheduled visit with my psych PA. Well, it didn't TAKE that long, just to see him, to see him took a couple hours..........the rest of the time I spent visiting with a couple of dudes IN the hospital. Got a buddy of mine, diagnosed with Parkinsons just a few months ago, not doing to well. I've got him on my morning prayer list and if any of y'all have a spot on yours put ol Doug on there, too, please.

Anywho, I got by, this time, without having to have any change of medication, or any changes TO my medications. Thank G-d......I'm now runny on a good dosage of dope that seems to be keeping me from any of those "suicidal ideations" (heaven forbid) and it's also helping to keep me from beating the livin crap outta fools.

I, personally, endorse John's advocated course of action vis a vis the Congress Critter.

I so wish this wasn't happening to you. You have been through so much already.

Free

Yeah, I was so pissed at the appt with this new lady yesterday. She didn't know squat about me. So why then does the VA bother with this fancy electronic record-keeping system when no one bothers to use it? A few minutes of reading on her part would've saved us much time.

The only thing she knew about me was my name.

Here she was, one of the suicide prevention coordinators....had no idea about my past suicide history. Still doesn't...she never asked. In fact, we talked very little about about my suicidal feelings. She only asked if I was feeling suicidal...I said yes.

That was it!

Wow....she really helped. I feel soooooo much better now (insert sarcasim here)...