Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Our New Government

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The old name for a government ruled by a few powerful individuals and rich corporations is fascism. Ask GWB, Big Business and the Congress about it. Another component would be endless war.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

this is not the forum for political rants on either side take this somewhere else

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Harmless venting . . . Yeah, I do miss the Politics forum on the old Hadit board; we did TRY to behave ourselves lol!

John, I agree :huh:

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• Founder

never the less this board is still NOT for political talking

The problem is when you make a political jab someone else responds and after a little of that the original post is lost and we are headed to a flame war. So drop it and move on.

This is a moderated forum with rules please adhere to them or it will necessitate the deletion of your account.

Anything a Moderator find to be erroneous is subject to review and deletion.

Flames will be deleted.

Personal attacks will be deleted.

Political topics will be removed.

Members who unable to follow the rules will be removed.

Everyone won't agree on many things, but the one thing we should agree on is that we are here so that no brother or sister veteran gets left behind, not on a jungle trail, not on a desert trail and not on a paper trail." Tbird

The biggest component of HadIt.com to help veterans is our very active discussion forum. Over 1000 registered users, with an average of about 100 posts per day. Please note that the discussion forum is made up of veterans just like you, they come to HadIt.com and its discussion forum from all over the world. Some come to ask questions, some come to help do research for other vets, some to answer questions, others come for the sense of community that HadIt.com provides and still others come just to provide an ear and shoulder to those veterans who have become weary.

There are some folks who for whatever reason sign on to discussion forums to cause disruption we discourage this by requiring a valid ISP email address when you register. However, we still have this problem the best advice is ignore them; they want a fight, a response, don't give it to them.

HadIt.com's discussion forum is "User Friendly" as long as posters do not cause division. We are not into censorship. We simply need to set forth some guidelines. These are aimed at maintaining harmony on the Web Forum. In the past we have only had a couple of incidents where someone was asked to leave the Discussion Group. When one person disrupts many then we feel it's time to take action.

No vulgar language

No offensive verbal assaults

No sexual connotations

Remember that most that come to our discussion forum have been wounded in one way or another. Be kind to each other, if angered take a day to respond. Personal attacks are not what we are about; we are about helping our brother and sister veterans.

We reserve the right to remove any posts or member at any time.

This is a NOT a secure website Do Not post private information such as name, addresses, phone numbers or social security numbers, etc.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just want to add something to keep in mind. Although you may think that you can handle arguments many who come to Hadit are not particularly inclined to do so. In the Military when you served you were not allowed to be political. That's all Hadit is asking here. There is some leeway for the politics of the VA but I will repeat what I have said many times. If you are Democrat, Republican or Independent no Political Party so far has been all that helpful to us.

Whether you left Service as an E-2 or a General it does not matter this is for Veterans and their families and friends trying to help Veterans. The rules have been developed to make Hadit a safe place for Veterans. Its so much better when you avoid posts that irritate you they go away in a few hours or a couple of days.

This thread was resurrected 18 months later in my opinion to jab at a Member who I appreciate very much.

The first post was Posted Mar 3 2006, 07:41 PM

An than a shot over the bow it was answered Posted Yesterday, 07:23 AM.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

A veteran is a veteran --and all veterans are welcome at Hadit.com

Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater! In this sense, politics are the dirty bathwater --and the veteran is the baby! God bless him and her!

If we want peace and quiet, here at Hadit as in Family life, it matters not who started the war and when, and where and why: what matters here at Hadit is that we try to get along and help each other :-)

But it is good and healthy from time to time to share the pain of conscience. Hindsight is 20/20 . . . reserved for veterans and armchair generals (like myself, hehehe) ...

I wouldn't be so hasty and hard on a vet for stepping a little bit out of line once in awhile to express his or pain, fear, bewilderment; but the Tbird's goal (and a good one) is peace at home in the fambly.

I get it (I think) ;-)

HUGS !!!

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)