Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Granted But...............

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

I received my award letter today granting me Individual Unemployability on my present claim but got an iris stating that they have no information on my appeals for 4 other conditions that they have been working on since 2004. I was just told last week that were being sent in for review. I was told that they would have to complete my appeals before they could finish my present claims. While I am happy about the IU award I would like to know where my appeals are at this time.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

With the Chapter 35 award it is P & T but I am surprised they didnt specifically say that.

The spouse will need proof of P & T for CHAMPVA.

Do I ask them to send me a letter that states P & T?

• HadIt.com Elder

"It doesn't say P&T. I got DEA plus they gave me a list of things that I maybe entitled to receive. I got other claims in as well but haven't gotten a decision on those ones yet. My appeals were not mention in this decision. I got IU but my overall rating is 90%.

How do I find out what benefits I am entitled to receive?"

Well, uhhhh, geee, Jay, I wouldn't have the froggiest. Lessee, normally they would send you a letter whereby they provide you with a list of things you are entitled to receive. Have you received a letter with that information?

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

It would say in the summary of your conditions. Like a static, permanent in nature and ect. It would also say no furure exams scheduled.

J

"It doesn't say P&T. I got DEA plus they gave me a list of things that I maybe entitled to receive. I got other claims in as well but haven't gotten a decision on those ones yet. My appeals were not mention in this decision. I got IU but my overall rating is 90%.

How do I find out what benefits I am entitled to receive?"

Well, uhhhh, geee, Jay, I wouldn't have the froggiest. Lessee, normally they would send you a letter whereby they provide you with a list of things you are entitled to receive. Have you received a letter with that information?

Well Larry, let see, I tend to look at things this way. If it says you may be entitled to, I'm not going to assume that I am, knowing what I know about VA wording! I'll take my chances and wait for everything to be confirmed.

Yup, it will be in your award letter if you have P&T.

If it's not there and you feel you have the medical evidence to back up a P&T claim...then you need to go back to your docs and get them to write statements for you supporting P&T. Also your medical records need to support that.