Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Bothersome Trend

Rate this question

purple

Question

Many of you here who know me, know that I tend to say what I believe. Here's another one of those times....so if you think you aren't going to like it; stop reading now.

I see that several folks either claim or want to claim "medication side effects". Why not just tell your doc about the side effects and ask for a different med? You don't have to put up with side effects. I don't. Insist on a different med. It's your right to do that.

I just believe that filing claims for side effects of medications is not the intent of what the system was set up for.

{off soapbox now}

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I just did my calculation with algebreic numerations and the figure came to 46 1/2.

EXACTLY B)

JAY

Purple - you stated: "The difference is with the VA, some vets are filing claims everytime they get a side effect they don't like just to get extra $$$."

What are your grounds for making this statement??? How many are some?? 2? 3? 10? 500? 1,000's?

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Purple, You sure do know how to stir the pot. Everytime you post it's high drama.

Sorry folks, but I just don't see the numbers (of claims) to support Purple's allegation that veterans are jamming the system with medication symptoms/claims. Show me the evidence. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok I am going to close this post. If someone wants to start another thread I guess it is ok.

Lets all keep in mind that many here can be tipped into anger and we really need to try and be nice to each other. We need each other

I disagree with Purple about a lot of Vets doing this but there are some that do. That's undisputed unless you don't live in reality. No one can put a specific number on how many put in frivilous claims but to incenuate that it doesn't happen is rediculous.

But are frivilous claims jamming the system. To me, one is enough to hold up anothers legitimate claim. One frivilous claim is one too many and we all know it's more than one.

In saying that, I don't generalize with Purple that there are as many he's referring to.

Jay

x

x

x

Purple, You sure do know how to stir the pot. Everytime you post it's high drama.

Sorry folks, but I just don't see the numbers (of claims) to support Purple's allegation that veterans are jamming the system with medication symptoms/claims. Show me the evidence. ~Wings