Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Make A Sc Va Disability P&t

Rate this question

dlc1985

Question

I was recently granted 100% SC before the award, I previously had a rating of 40%SC. since my 100% is based on PTSD how do I go about making it P&T. I still have outstanding appeals pending on the (40%). Any advise would be appreciated.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the diagnosis mean permanent cause you will always suffer, take meds and I doubt that many Companies are recruiting PTSD. I know for a fact that VVA would not allow me to train to be a Service Officer.

I think that anyone with a diagnosis should look into what experts consider the prognosis. Of course I know that some of the higher up's at VA think it can be cured.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

It is VERY true that you may have been rated permanent and total and not know it. Further Purples point of asking a VA doc to state such is worth considering as well, before you go spending money on IMO's.

I would file for chapter 35 benefits and see if they award them. If so, you are P&T. They may have stated on your award letter a "re-exam" date, and if so you are NOT P&T. So at this point I would find out for sure what they rated you and go from there.

Bob Smith

Folks, when I will eventually get to 100%, My goal will always be to achieve P&T. The benefits alone are priceless. There would be no way for me to pay for my kids college and Chapter 35 will help big time. Being rated at 70% now for PTSD, I don't see a cure or myself having the life that I once had.

I was recently granted 100% SC before the award, I previously had a rating of 40%SC. since my 100% is based on PTSD how do I go about making it P&T. I still have outstanding appeals pending on the (40%). Any advise would be appreciated.

dlc,

Welcome to Hadit.

Just for clarification:

Your previous SC of 40 % was for what condition(s) ?

What issue(s) do your "outstanding appeals" involve ?

Are you currently service connected at 100% due solely to PTSD ?

Another way the doc(s) can address P&T are the key words, static in nature.

I would definitly ask my VA medical provider(s) for progress notes that would

be supportive of your needs, if they seem to be vet friendly and you have a

good relationship with them.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.