Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Soc On Cue

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

in 93 i was rated under code 5322 which is for musle loss due to gunshot . i have no gun shot i have problem with my neck c7 c6. i check on enlistment i broke elbow when 12yr old i was 22 when i had the fall and injury. had ex ray show bone chip on elbow. after fall told i had problem before army. so for years could not get and increase because i did not have a scar or wound this on all my deined. i had 10% and could not work due to this va own words on soc.2004 they change rated in code to 5293 which was is my condition and give 60%and iu. put in cue for been rated under wrong code and for elbow presumtion of soundness. on soc it say rater could have perhaps used code 5290.is that not say that it was a cue well now it at the board . i was told it just got certify what does this mean. and is it true that big retro claims go to board .

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA has every motivation to keep on denying your CUE. That is why I say hire a lawyer to jam it up their ^^%$. The lawyer will write a brief for you that unless you are a lawyer you won't understand, but the VA lawyers will get it.

In my opinion it is True, from a practical standpoint, that "large retros go to the Board".

Think about it. You are a new rater, and here in front of you is a claim with a potential half million dollar payout..large retro. What are you going to do? Approve it, and watch you supervisor yell at you? No, you are going to do one of two things: Deny it or delay it. Never approve it, no matter how valid. It keeps going on down or up the line, in the same way, and wont be approved until the Board of Veterans Appeals approves it.

Its called, "Pass the Buck", please.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think the lower ranked do anything except try to get out from under complicated time consuming claims. Deny it and its someone else's baby.

When the Army was teaching me to repair radios as Field Radio Mechanic I can't tell you how many times I would hear if you can't fix a radio in the field and higher maintainence does you will hump the radio and your life expectancy will be less than a second Louie's.

I took out my soldering iorn and held it over radio and sai Well if I can't fix it I can fix it so no one else will either. Lot of laughing and some harsh looks by NCO's but guess what I did not Volunteer for Radio School either.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

OK so from what I read you were rated 60% and granted TDIU. If so what are you filing for? Im sorry but your explanation is a bit - confusing.

Bob Smith

i was told it just got certify what does this mean.

and is it true that big retro claims go to board .

Certified means that your VARO has readied your claim and file to be transferred to the BVA.

There is no truth that "big retro claims go to the board".

The only claims that go to the "board", (BVA) are claims that a Form 9 has been

completed and submitted or a claim remanded back to BVA from the Court.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.