VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Check For Va Disability Only

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Hey, I called the VA direct deposit and they told me that there was nothing in the system for the stimulus. I then called VA 1 800 number and asked what was up. They took my info and told me mine was processed on the 18th with no release date. I called the VA direct deposit back and told them what the 800 number told me and I was put on hold and the lady came back and asked me who do I bank with and I told her and she told me I should have it by Friday and it is there now so all should get theirs soon. It took them long enough was beginning to think It would not happen. You know VA crap :unsure: Don't you hate typos

Edited by pacmanx1

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I GOT TWO CHECKS, ONE FOR VA AND OTHER FOR SSD.

IS THIS A MISTAKE?

Wholesale, I am not trying to get in your pocket, but this could bite you if you are on a tight budget. You never know when they will catch it and then request it back or take it back from your SSD or VA or both to try to correct the mistake. See where I am going with this. It could cause more problems then it is.

Edited by pacmanx1

Wholesale: The recording says you should only get one, so probably best to contact someone.

All others:

For status of your stimulus payment call 1-800-827-1000

At Main Menu press 6

Then press 6

Then Press 1

Only took me 2 minutes to find out mine was released today, so it won't post for 7-15 days.(Officially)

Or 1-2 days from what the operator said.

All the best!

• HadIt.com Elder

I tried and the VA is unable to access my account so I am on VA hold waiting for an operator

I am not so sure that 2 checks is a mistake. You see, civilians get a $400 stimulus payment but that $400 comes in the form in a tax deduction, so they get about $7.70 per week more in their paycheck (less taxes deducted = higher paycheck).

Many Social Security recipients dont pay taxes, however, so they get a check for $250 instead.

Veterans should not get less than civilians, so, if a Vet is on social security and Va disability, it would make sense that Vets got both.

Otherwise, there would be a net $150 penalty for being a Veteran. I dont think congress intended that disabled Vets get less than civilians with that legislation, tho it is unclear.

I know many others have said nobody gets 2 checks, however, I am not sure all of them who said that were policy makers.

My suggestion is that you hang on to the extra $250, collect interest on it, and be prepared to return it, but you should be able to enjoy at least a few dollars of interest until it is sorted out. Running out and spending it may not be too good of an idea, tho.

I do think that WORKING Veterans would probably NOT get $650 total..$400 tax deduction in their paycheck AND an additional $250 check. Neither would Social Security recipients who are also working get BOTH the tax break and the $250 check.

But disabled Vets, who are also on Social security, MAY get both, but please, I am not an expert..this is just my guess. As I said, I dont think congress intended that disabled Vets get less, rather, I think that disabled Vets should get more.

JMHO, and no, dont wait on your second check just because of me, I just dont know.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
Wow!

Finally received the deposit last Monday(Oakland-VARO). Thanks to Obama...

I'm with Oakland VARO too, and I did not get the check. Maybe tomorrow. BTW, I had no luck at all calling the 1-800 number for help. ~Wings