VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

National Parks Access Pass

This is free and gives you free access to all National Parks, and 3 guests. It is also accepted at National Forests. Usually entrance and parking fees. THose of you who have not been to a National Park that charges entrance fees, you will be shocked at how much they charge.. Like the Grand Canyon, Zion NP, or Mt Rushmore.

Also some states use this for their state parks,, I know DE does.

It typically does not cover recreational fees, but typically gives you a discount ( like camping fees )..

You can get one at any National Park, National Forest, or National Wildlife Refuge.. You need to take a Drivers License and Your VA decision or a note from the doc, something like what you would take to get a Handicap tag.

It never expires.

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

This is free and gives you free access to all National Parks, and 3 guests. It is also accepted at National Forests. Usually entrance and parking fees. THose of you who have not been to a National Park that charges entrance fees, you will be shocked at how much they charge.. Like the Grand Canyon, Zion NP, or Mt Rushmore.

It typically does not cover recreational fees, but typically gives you a discount ( like camping fees )..

You can get one at any National Park, National Forest, or National Wildlife Refuge.. You need to take a Drivers License and Your VA decision or a note from the doc, something like what you would take to get a Handicap tag.

It never expires.

This is for anyone who is handicapped, not just veterans.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I used mine when I was researching, at the National Archives, in College Park, Maryland, about 10 yrs ago. We camped for $7.50 a night. The coin operated showers were about a dollar, for a reasonable length shower.

pr

It never expires.

This is for anyone who is handicapped, not just veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use mine all of the time.

Camping in Federal campgrounds saves me 50 percent off the ADR ( Average Daily Rate)

The US forest service charges a fee for use of its facilities and you have to have a hang tag or it is a $100.00 fine.

My home lake is that way but I buy the annual pass and it only cost $15.00 with the card. 30.00 w/o.

J

Edited by jbasser

• 3 weeks later...

I have it too. It's a phenominal pass. We used it this summer for our cross country road trip - Used it in July to access free entrance in Arches NP Utah and $10 per nite camping(50%off), Canyonlands NP Utah free access, Yellowstone free access ($10 per nite camping).

Mt Rushmore no charge for access BUT must pay for parking- hey its much cheaper than parkin in NYC!

Gateway Arch in St Louis, no charge BUT charge for parking - $5 all day fee not bad at all. I believe(?) that you have to pay for the elevator ride to the top of the arch- not free.

Pretty good amount of security too, was worried about our 4Runner and all our gear/luggage/cargo box but all was good - there were lots of other road warriors there too so I felt better.

I am told the card does not cover ferry fees to Statue of Liberty.

Access for lifetime is awesome. We hope to plan more road trips like this past one.

Oregon has a similiar card for state parks. Very nice benefit.

I can't remember the process to get it, sorry.

National card is also very handy.....Eric

• 3 months later...