Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Approved!

Rate this topic

mom24

PR

Thank you. As I have mentioned earlier I personally know a man with blood cancer that Admin Judge paid back for 8 years. I am afraid that GruntDaddy is giving advice that could cost you money Mom.

It is important very important that posters be very careful about advice given on this Board.Most of the time someone will step in when someone is wrong and correct them. I appreciate it when it is done.

A short visit with a Social Security Lawyer may be of help Mom

I have asked two Social Security Lawyers about this and they both said the same thing. Did your friend possibly have old cases that had been denied? Maybe there was a specific reason with his claim that applied only to him for getting backpay for 8 years. I saw the post about the waiver for opening claims older than 4 years for a mental issue. Mine is for ALS, so that will not apply to me. I do know there are loopholes in just about every rule. I'm interested to hear what Carlie's friend has to say as this is an interesting topic and I have read so many conflicting things. I do think these government agencies will do whatever they want when it comes down to it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm the friend Carlie mentioned! You should appeal your decision, which will be denied but you need to get to the ALJ level to get the correct award date. Most SSDI lawyers only want the easiest of claims, so they probably won't take it. Most are "lazy!" You can do it yourself or contact www.nosscr.org for a referral, in your area. I'm not the person Pete's talking about but I won my claim retro 8 yrs, also. I plan to pursue another 2.5 yrs retro, shortly. You can continue to collect your payments while you are appealing, also.

pr

I have asked two Social Security Lawyers about this and they both said the same thing. Did your friend possibly have old cases that had been denied? Maybe there was a specific reason with his claim that applied only to him for getting backpay for 8 years. I saw the post about the waiver for opening claims older than 4 years for a mental issue. Mine is for ALS, so that will not apply to me. I do know there are loopholes in just about every rule. I'm interested to hear what Carlie's friend has to say as this is an interesting topic and I have read so many conflicting things. I do think these government agencies will do whatever they want when it comes down to it.

I'm the friend Carlie mentioned! You should appeal your decision, which will be denied but you need to get to the ALJ level to get the correct award date. Most SSDI lawyers only want the easiest of claims, so they probably won't take it. Most are "lazy!" You can do it yourself or contact www.nosscr.org for a referral, in your area. I'm not the person Pete's talking about but I won my claim retro 8 yrs, also. I plan to pursue another 2.5 yrs retro, shortly. You can continue to collect your payments while you are appealing, also.

pr

Thanks for the info, but I'm going to say thank you Jesus for what I have and be done with it. I already got more than I expected, so I'm totally satisfied. I don't need the added stress of another waiting game, ykwim.

Congrates Mom24!!!

I know what a good feeling it is when you win a SSD claim.

I became disabled on June 16th of 2000. I won my case after several denials in a hearing before an administrative law judge. She had a reputation of being tough but at the end of the hearing she told me that she was about to do something she never does, and that was to tell me I had won my case! She said there wasn't a doubt in her mind that I deserved SSD. I was paid back pay to the first day of disability June 16th of 2000. Also backpay for two children. My medicare didn't start till Dec 01, 2002. Not sure about why that date.

Again, I'm happy for you!

blackbird

Blackbird

You should definitely appeal. What is there to lose? You have not work since 2001??

Good luck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use