Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Computer

Cavtrooper088

TOSHIBA #1 it is a toshiba 15.4" laptop, 320 gb hard drive with 4 gb memory. i don't exactly understand or know what this is but i have it and they say it is a lot. i got it at radio shack for a total of 741.00 then got a hundred back from their rebate, great deal. i love it. then i got the verizon 5gb travelling plan as i call it for 60 a month. yes, that is a little high but i can take the comp anywhere and i like that. they also sent me a 50 rebate. it is so fast. when i turn it on, in 30 seconds i can punch in a website or already start searching. check out the toshiba nad the verizon plan, you won't be sorry.

sarcastic cane toad

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In the past yr I've purchased 2 notebooks - both Acers. The larger was $350, at Walmart, and the small one, I use in the car, was $300, at Staples. They work good enough for me. They come basically stripped but I bought software as needed. Many times you get free software that you'll never use. I don't know about memory or speed but then all I do is email, surf the net sometimes, pay bills, banking and do general home office stuff. They are fast enough, for what I need and I'm a very impatient person. Unfortunately they are both Vista but I'm used to them now. I think I see an Apple or two in my future. Besides, at the prices I paid, I just buy new as needed. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a small Acer laptop and a dell Rocket.

I am going to get another lap top.

Wal Mart: Dell windows 7, http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=12960747

Best OS/Memory/processer for the money.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

hello, can someone please tell me if my speeds are normal or fast? i just used s website called speedtest and it said i have 642 kbps download and 49 kbps upload. i have a toshiba laptop with the verizon 5 gb broadband 59.99 monthly plan and need to know if it is fast.

sarcastic cane toad