Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Learning This Myself

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

I would appreciate any suggestions on where on this forum and what subjects I should start reading to continue my claim. I am satisfied with the rest of the claim. I am interested in learning this myself. Thinking towards worse case scenario in the event they decide against me.

I have a partially completed C&P claim with:

Chronic Anxiety =Deferred QTC Exam Completed 4 August 09(current status)

High Frequency Hearing Loss=Deferred QTC Exam (Additional consultation with original QTC Audiologist) (current status)

Lumbar Spine Injury=Denied=Requested Reconsideration of Decision=DRO (current status)

I was taken to the emergency room for this injury and on the progress notes they wrote patient complained of "pain at waist line". What does that even mean? Front, back, side? I told that to a VA doctor and he started laughing so that is proof it didn't even pass the laugh test. No x-rays. No other tests. Stated good range of motion, etc. Prescribed Motrin. I told them I could barely and they said I could leave the same way I got there. Why they would treat me like that is completely beyond me.

Later at my unit they changed the "patient complained of" to low back pain and changed to different NSAID. Took annual leave then light duty till I ETS'd.

Thank you

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok. would you consider this?

You need an IME not an IMO.

The IME is a medical examination that utilizes the patients medical history like the ones performed for the SSA.

You can do this by contacting a local SSA attorney and asking them who they use for medical IME's.

Or you can contact Dr Bash ( Very expensive but very good) as he is a Neuroradiologist and is an expert on the spine.

The important point is to have all of your medical records to be reviewed.

The doc must write the following statement. Upon reviewing the persons medical hstory his current degenerative disk disease is at least as likely as not related to the strain reported in service.

J

Edited by jbasser