• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Available Subscriptions

AlekseiFL

Cp Exam Done My Appeal Need Help Please!

Question

Hey All,

Its Very hard for me to write, due to im on 27 prescitptions a day im very , very medicated so forgive my mistkes please.

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

I am 100% Disabled I have zero income im awaiting SSD/SSI hearing and Miltary Pension have Lawyer.

Im not geting any Navy Pension at all.

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

I just Had Cp-Pension meeting with the Doctor he was very understanding and also by the way was Retired Navy Captain as well as Doctor.

He told me was supposed to see them In 2007 Cp Pension but had Missed it, I never new about it, was bunch them was sick for.

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

thank you

What i wanna Know is since this was requested By VA for my NOD apeal is what Doctor told me at cp exam true, will find out in 6 weeks get letter?

Can they Decide on my case right now not have to wait for to go to BVA etc?

Im running out of time my life atm with No income for 5 years now is liveing hell, Mentally and Phsycially, 2 monthes of rent vouchers left No Income on Food stamps as well.

Havent been to aford phone even last 5 years.

If wasnt for my Cat and Dog think my life would already be over on top of my 6 major medical condtions their checking me for sleep apnea now as well as Neorulgy for tremors and twicthing my kidney and live due to all pain meds and Chronic pain have are now haveing issues as well.

Please any advice all , feel very lost in this process dont know what step im at, have heard their many steps but heard they can just decide as well if doctors and evidence from VA is strong enough.

Ad

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Why were you denied pension?

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

How long were you active duty ?

During what years?

Your Medical Discharge was due to what active duty diagnoised conditions ?

Did you recieve any service connection (SC) at discharge?

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

Chrons, UC and Abdominal Pain are co-morbid; one produce's the others.

In aboutAnyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

I would not count on this 6 week time frame at all.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

There is a HUGE financial difference in VA pension and 100% SC'd compensation.

ALL A DOC CAN DO is report medical findings and rationale.

DOC's CAN NOT assign a disability percentage for VA SC compensation purposes.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

Again VA pension and VA's percentage of SC'd compensation is very different.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

There are NO SLAM DUNKS with VA.

Do not count on backpay.

Do not count on any time period with VA.

With VA - ONLY the claimant has timeframes - NOT the VA.

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

Animals can be expensive to feed and take to the vet,and extra security deposits

if you are renting.

Does VA not RX any drugs?

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

The information you have posted is very confusing - I'm kind of lost as to what

might be granted - VA Pension or VBA SC'd disability.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

I highly doubt you will know any answers within 6 weeks - UNLESS you have already applied for hardship. I hope your suffering is over soon.

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

Again, Pension and Service Connected Disability are two completely different animals.

Is your lawyer taking care of your SSD Claim ?

How long has it been since you were working a job that paid into SSA ?

Have you paid in enough quarters within the allotted time frame to get SSD ?

If not then you would be getting SSI and VA Disability or Pension can knock us out of SSI.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

You did just great in your post for being a new member.

Many of us here are on daily multiple medications.

carlie

Hey this sounds promising as ever. Hang in there, i know it's hard though. I never have heard of a VA examiner stating that that an award is definite but this sounds like you will hear something favorable soon. 6 weeks sounds really soon but i'm praying for ya.

frank

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

AlekseiFl,

There is no one here 24/7 to try and answer questions.

Answers come in as people are able to post.

If you do not get an answer in an hour or two.... or three or four, etc...

you don't have to post the question again so soon. You just have to wait until

someone answers. OK. - I know it's hard.

Thanks,

carlie

Need clarification, are your applying for compensation, pension or both?