Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Depressive Disorder

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

I have been reading, but can't seem to find out the answer. does anyone know if you can file for a separate comp claim for Major depressive disorder a (mood disorder) while PTSD, panic attacks with agoraphobia is classified as (Anxiety Disorders) or does the VA say they are the same thing for compensation purposes.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Actually, when you have multiple mental disorders, I believe you are diagnosed as ("labeled") whatever your most serious and most disabling mental disorder is. This is the one that is assigned a disability rating and compensation.

-- John D.

70% TDIU/P&T

Army - RVN - 1969-70 (10th Cav/4th ID, II Corps RVN)

USCG - Galveston, TX - 1976-78 (USCGC Valiant, WMEC 621)

• HadIt.com Elder

Even though it is not that much money anyone who gets a total rating should never do anything to risk that money. It is like a pension that pays you forever with COLA's built in, and where would you get that kind of deal today from a private employer. From a practical standpoint that government check every month is like gold even though we paid a high price to get it. We may be the few people in America that actually get decent pensions in our old age.

• HadIt.com Elder

May all Hadit Members live long and prosper.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• In Memoriam

C&P Psych diagnosed me on both MDD and PTSD separately. This is what the BVA judge ask the VA to do, so he did. He said that the MDD was worst than the PTSD. Further, he said that I was anorexic. This last one is especially confusing to me. VA lumped the MDD and PTSD both together on the rating, and the rating did not mention anorexia.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

........and I start my "Anger Management" counseling next week.

Told 'em I'd go along with their "Treatment Plan", and maybe, in 40 years, they could cure me.

They said "Whoa, what's this about "40 years"?

I said,"Well, it took me 40 years to get this "angry" so it'd probably take 40 years for me to be "Happy"!

See, I figure they are gonna try sending me to some "anger management counseling", then, BINGO, declare me "cured", so's they can cut back my disability............problem is, is that when and if they do try that tactic, then it's GONNA PISS ME OFF!

Then, I'll probably need "Anger Management" counseling.................

funny how that works....huh?

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph