Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eed

Rate this question

gp747

Question

i fought since the early 70's for my service connected disability. for thirty years i did not know anything about the process and i trusted the va to do the right thing. i was really stupid and screwed up mentally big time.

i applied several times through the years and was living under bridges a lot of the time . so i did not have the means to stay on top of things. i was not a drug addict,i did have problems with alcohol.

finally after settling down thanks to my wonderful wife who pulled me off the street and got me to quit drinking i decided to get serious about my claim and i had the evidence .

they were just shoving me under the rug thinking i would go away. so i fought hard for around ten years and got lowballed at 30%. i raised hell asked for an increase and they immediately gave me 50%.

now right there i got screwed,because if they would have given me the 50% to start with i would have hhad that back pay back to 2002.

i guess i should be satisfied with what i have ,but i cant understand why when i applied back in the 70's and the 80's why i was not paid back until then.

AND BY GOD IT IS STICKING IN MY CRAW !!!!

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

all i am asking is for an earlier eed and i am close to a year

skunk,

Just take a peice of paper and write on it.

This is a formal Notice Of Disagreement in regards to the Rating Decision dated XX/XX/XXXX.

I disagree with the effective date assigned on this Rating Decision of XX/XX/XXXX.

At least get this to them befor your next day or two - or it's all over and the only way to get an EED then would be by a C&UE.

Your only fighting the ED so there is not a C&P involved with that.

Get off your butt and get r done now.

I think your down to 3 days.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Skunk,

Do as Carlie said. Get out pen and paper and start writing.

Drop it off at your local R.O and have it date stamped if possible, but do it.

Believe me you can fight this.

I bet there is not one person at the BVA or the AMC and the R.O that doesn't know

who I am for I fought them long and hard and I won retro and all.

Time is running out.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

well just looking and was awarded the 30% in july 2008 and the increase was added later . looks like i waited too long .

Edited by skunk

well just looking and was awarded the 30% in july 2008 and the increase was added later . looks like i waited too long .

DRATS - CRAP - DARN - DANG - SHOOT - DAMN IT ..... !

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

wait a minute i did apply for an eed when i asked for the increase and was denied ,i may still have time . i have got to find the decison !!!!

yes dec 18 2008 they were working on eed for bipolar i won the in crease but denied the eed i think i can nod this

Edited by skunk

ok here is what happened i won the 30% july 2008 and later asked for an increase and an earlier effective date . i won the increase and they denied me the eed . so this was later ,and can i appeal that decision since it has not been a year ?

found it sept 29 2008 i was denied earlier effective date was granted an increase.

well it says i can appeal to bva in the award.

Edited by skunk