Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Study Results

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I am not sure where to post this because I have not filed a claim. I recently requested a sleep study from mental health and they sent me one. I used the machine for three nights and sent it back to be reviewed. I had to go to VA today and I asked was it completed and I was told that it was so I got a copy. It states "Finding are consistent with mild, non-positional obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) Mild, non-positional, symptomatic OSA with comorbidities. Treatment of choice in this case is CPAP" Now I have to find out how and where do I go to get a CPAP machine.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If this was Memphis, I would say that you need to get a referral from your PCP to see the Sleep Doctor in the Sleep Clinic to get a CPAP issued and fitted. Your VAMC may do it differently.

Hope this helps,

Louis

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

In Dayton, I got my CPAP by prescription order from the sleep doc, who sent me to respiratory therapy, at the hospital where I got my CPAP. I have been using it for over a year, and almost never go without it. If I do sleep without it, I pay the price. If you need a CPAP, tho they are a pain to get used to, they are definately worth the trouble.

I have a CPAP machine used in for one week could not get used to the mask.,.. that was six months ago will never use it again..

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were in Dallas you would have to get it from the sleep clinic where they will explain how to use it and give you some of the little sponges and filters you will need. They usually check how you are doing once a year.

If they are giving you a CPAP it is not mild.

Good Luck

My experience is that it is hard to get used to it but once you do you will not be able to get along without it. Say good bye to dry mouth and allergies. Ask for one that you put distilled water in and have moist air.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

OK thanks Pete I will try to get one. Thanks for the comments, I think I will try to call the sleep lab tonight and Monday morning

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Teac,

There are different types of masks and your CPAP may need a different setting for each mask.

I strongly urge you to go back in for a different mask and whatever other assistance you might need.

I got my first CPAP in 1998 and they're a big improvement for your life and health.