Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tearing The Va Down (brick By Brick)

Rate this question

myround0

Question

The VA watchdog will be doing an examination on the VA in the coming weeks. It is titled tearing the VA down Brick by Brick. I feel the VA Offices are pretty good, my suggestion would be tearing the VA down Officer by Officer. The buildings aren't causing the problems, its the people working inside those offices. They have been allowed to run a muck and they continue the same muck running, and will do, regardless of the building they are in until they are held to a standard that will cost them their jobs...

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Leave the buildings for the sick and homeless vets. The rest of us should get a card equivalent to medicare of a medicare supplement. That would save me money. I have to keep my BC/BS because it is secondary payer for me and primary for my wife. I have medicare and she has ChampVA. The BC costs me half my federal disability pension, but they pay very well.

We do need to tear down the VA brick by brick because it sucks in my opinion. I can't get the care I am promised due to rationing of care. I am priority one vet and I get the best and fastest care. I hate to think of those down the line who have to wait six months for a test or visit. The VA talks about prevention but I only get to see my dentist for an exam once every two years. I have DMII and gum disease. I go outside the VA for extra care. It costs me mucho. They admit that poor dental care can cause heart disease, but almost all vets do not get dental care. I get vision care but the glasses I get for free and like the ones you got in the army back in the 60's.

Yes, I am sure by "tearing the VA down brick by brick" they are referring to some sort of reorganization plan whereby crooked and disgruntled Va employees are rooted out of the system, not the tearing down and rebuilding of VA buildings. The problem is, of course, that there are far too many Va employees who either regard Veterans as "the problem" or, they are downright stealing from Veterans. Both of these types of VA employees need to find other employment and have shown themselves to be toxic to the system...requiring this massive overhaul of the VA system.

The VA system is infected with some of these "cancerous" employees, many in management roles, and they need to surgically remove the cancer before it spreads to the entire organization and kills it.

• HadIt.com Elder

They don't need more investigations they have had 2 recent ones, Bob Dole/Sec Shalala and the 2 year VDBC report, they know what the problems are, they know how to fix them, it's a lack of will nothing more and nothing less most of the problems are in the VAROs on all claims processing they are still using a WW2 style paper based format when the rest of the world is now on digital records which also makes it easier to transfer the C Files around to the different boards and courts across the nation to where they are needed CAVC, BVA, or the AMC, this alone could reduce months on the appeals time.

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."