VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds And Iu

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i have recently applied for iu and ssdi my va psych doc has me on fluxotene and lithium do the meds you are given have any weight in a iu or ssdi decision? i have not worked in 4 months at all either i am rated at 90% and 170% by regular addition... does that carry any weight? thanks

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"the fellow from voc rehab told me today that he is drafting a letter to mail to me stating i am not stable for work or school at this time. will that help my case?"

If he added this was due to your service connected disability- that should prompt an award of TDIU.

If a vet is un -vocrehabable due to service -they are obviously unemployable due to service.

It was strange today I was going to ask if being on morphine for pain 3xday makes me sleepy and I was curious if that would affect my claim for IU. I am pretty much in the same boat as far as the NSC information will not help you at all. Thanks so much for all you guys help. Have a good day..