VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting New Items At C&p Exam

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hello Veterans,

I have a C&P exam this thursday for lumbar disability claim, and since all the evidence has been submitted. I would like to be rated under IVDS due to doctor's letter stating that I had 10-12 weeks of prescribed bed rest over the past year. This due to incapacitating episodes from a damaged nerve root in my back. Can I submitte this letter to the doctor at examination and ask to be rated this way or will he rate me the highest of the two methods anyway?

Also, I submitted copies of the operating room reports for each of the lumbar surgeries. Do I have to file seperately for the convalescence benefit that follows each of the surgeries.

Nervous Blackbird

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

True they may not be the actual office but you will never hear of the scanning office or scanning department. To get information of records of any kind must go through the release of information and that is what I was trying to pass on. The may not have the authority and they may not actually put the information in the computerized system but they know how and where to send the information so it can be added to the veterans file, computerized or not.

please keep in mind that books and manuals are "great" tools but they can not replace experience. We sometimes miss out of an opportunity by thinking too much, when the only thing we have to do is open our mouths and ask a simple question.

My doctor keeps a file of all my outside VA medical records. Not sure if she scans them in but I know she has hard copies. This how it works for me.

DH

True they may not be the actual office but you will never hear of the scanning office or scanning department. To get information of records of any kind must go through the release of information and that is what I was trying to pass on. The may not have the authority and they may not actually put the information in the computerized system but they know how and where to send the information so it can be added to the veterans file, computerized or not.

please keep in mind that books and manuals are "great" tools but they can not replace experience. We sometimes miss out of an opportunity by thinking too much, when the only thing we have to do is open our mouths and ask a simple question.

Ok

The VA ROI section will not include anything into your medical records. If you have outside records from a fee basis etc... then you can go to the ROI and fill out the ROI form which will be sent to the doc you went to who will send the records to the VA.

A C&P doc will not include any outside records into your VA medical records. He will include it in the Cfile before returning it to the VARO.

If you are in the VA health care system and have a PCP assigned then that is a different story. He can have anything he wishes to put in your records. He is a bit different than a C&P doc or a vet trying to get something put into the records.

I go to Phys Thpy at VAMC. This week I showed my therapist my new outside MRI lumbar spine which showed more damage than my MRI from Feb 09 at VAMC. He this will help me and him alot to adjust my therapy, made a copy of it and said he will have it scanned and entered into my VA record. I'll check later this week when I see him again.

IMHO I think this situation really is on a case by case basis. One person in one office may say we cannot do it where someone else may help you even though it may not be the SOP- "standard operating procedure".

Regarding CP exams, I had one in July 09.

I myself brought a lot of papers to my CP exam. I did make a table of contents, separated everything, put in date order as best I could so it could be easily read by anyone. My examainer a PA sorted thru them, he did not submit them himself but did note on exam notes some of the information on there, did note multiple times that my wifes statement was in there on how I many times cannot perform certain tasks and more, noted that I will be sending it after exam and told me to mail it ASAP- do not wait.

Be patient, be persistent and be well

Good luck mi amigo