Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where's Our C.o.l.a.?

Rate this question

purple

Question

I know we gripe on here about why we aren't getting any COLA raise this year or in the future as far as we can tell. So far the VA hasn't been very forthcoming with a good answer, er, excuse.

Soooo....lets ask. All of us, on the same day. We can pick a day and every send an IRIS inquiry asking the question on the same day. Bombard their system. Hey, what can it hurt? Thoughts?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You must be in Never Never land, because the cost of things are up with the exception of Oil........at least here in Texas things cost more...

So there is a conspiracy in the goobermint to reduce the CPI so veterans don't get COLA? I don't think so. The goobermint actually wants to do the opposite and show a growing economy, not a declining one.

The CPI is not based on your local prices. It is a national index. It also doesn't include things like big screen LCD HD tv's.

Even if Rental is in Never Never land and get's everything for free, it doesn't effect the CPI either.

So there is a conspiracy in the goobermint to reduce the CPI so veterans don't get COLA? I don't think so. The goobermint actually wants to do the opposite and show a growing economy, not a declining one.

The CPI is not based on your local prices. It is a national index. It also doesn't include things like big screen LCD HD tv's.

Even if Rental is in Never Never land and get's everything for free, it doesn't effect the CPI either.

These are your words, I never said there was a consipircy, I never mentioned a big screen TV, although one day I would like to have one. I never said, COLA was based on local prices, and I never said rental was getting everything for free.

You focused on my term "never never land", and tried to make me out a bad guy. I was not the only one who thought that the Cost of items have increased. Perhaps, you should go back and read the other statements, then come back and say something that contributes to the discussion.

Of course this is just my humble opinion, and while you don't have to agree with it that is no reason to use me as target practice.

• HadIt.com Elder

As has been posted here earlier, OIL is the main reason. However, inho, If the effects of the stimulus bubble bursts between now and this time next year, and mortgage rates rise to double digit highs, and fuel creeps back up $4.00, and China cashes in it's U.S. Bonds, etc... Well ..."who knows what the tide will bring in".

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

You're making a generalized statement that the cost of things are up and that is simply not true. If that were true we would definetely get Cola for 2010 based on inflation.

dh

You must be in Never Never land, because the cost of things are up with the exception of Oil........at least here in Texas things cost more...
crazy-dog.jpg&h=94&w=133&usg=__KOn1hLijeKDD3LwW2tzES4paAcQ=

Even big screen flat panel TV's have dramatically come down in price. The same model I bought last year for 1100 is now on sale at Fry's for 750. Damn, wish I would have waited.

dh

crazy-dog.jpg&h=94&w=133&usg=__KOn1hLijeKDD3LwW2tzES4paAcQ=