Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Final C&p Summary So Miserable

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Well, for those who have been following my C&P woes, I finally have got the, well, final C&P report. Not surprisingly it follows the same trail of falsification, misdirection, misstatement, omission and plain incompetence! And... as a clincher, they say that my claim for secondary conditions is not even possible!

First the ridiculous if superfluous.

They say I am a ' GED' but in fact I'm a high skool grad

They say I had a tonsillectomy in 1985 but 1960 would be closer to the mark.

There's other silly stuff like that.

I'm not gonna try and regale y'all with the whole bloody thing, just some of the high-lights...

The concede I have health problems in some degree that they have not done before. My doctor actually called and asked if I wanted back surgery. But at nexus they balked.

In a nutshell, they say that my problems are all the result of my employment. Not entirely unfeasible. I was a factory worker, machinist, and those trades are physically demanding. I just hold that my health followed a path already laid. They say it's not possible. More on that in a moment.

One of my problems is pes planus. They reported I have no evidence of abnormal shoe wear. See image of boots below. Those are what I wore to the exam. (This photo and pics of 2 other pair boots so worn are on file with VA btw)

Jayg - Sorry, but it was brought to my attention that this photo

has your name and SSA number on it, so I have deleted your

photo of the boots.

See if you can cover or edit out that portion

and re-post it, if you would like.

It is good evidence that your shoes certainly show a difference in

the wear patterns of the soles.

carlie

They reported I have no special shoe inserts or shoes. False. I have special inserts (and wore them that day) authorized by VA and part of my records!

Thanks Carlie! I grabbed the wrong pic! :huh:

Here's the right one...

post-3607-1253805331_thumb.jpg

Also at issue are ankle conditions. "He does not use an ankle brace." I do and sure did that exam day!

A lot of simple misdirection. I was given a scooter because I can't stand or walk for long but here they say I was given it "due to back pain."

Knees: Some of this is plain ridiculous. Under "summary of joint conditions" for my knees (as one example) Giving way is yes but instability is no- weakness is no but my records indicate concern over the weakness of my knees and inability to raise me- flare ups of joint disease is 'no' but I have severe debilitating arthritis and the condition does not interfere with the motion of the joint?!?!?! :blink:

Treatment is listed as medications, NSAIDS and there are no side effects- they forgot to mention the baclofen, tramodol, mirapex, methadone and what the heck do they mean there are no side effects when I have complained (on record) about dizzyness, balance problems, short term memory loss, dozing off...

Repeatedly... "are there effects of the problem on the usual daily activities?---"no" No. No? No?!?

All that is much of a muchness but, now, it gets really ugly. I tried to brow beat my doctor into making some sort of nexus comment sometime back and all he would go was to write:

"flat foot which contribute to lower back and knee pain."

Not worth much as it goes, actually, essentially useless but they must have felt it had some potential because their report says "a physician assistant student noted that his flat feet may have contributed to his low back and knee pain." annddd... "additionally, he did not claim any foot pain related to pes planus until seen by a physician's assistant student who related the left ankle and pes planus to his other orthopedic complaints. That statement was erroneously perpetuated in the computer system."

Whooeee! Is that a load of Crap!

I remember whenm that was entered. My doctor mis prescribed a dose of medicine to double it's correct strength. It was when mentioning that to him I asked for the comment. I have a copy of it on file for the first time on record in:

PROGRESS NOTE

STANDARD TITLE: PRIMARY CARE TEAM NOTE

DATE OF NOTE: MAR 11, 2008@08:27 ENTRY DATE: MAR 11, 2008@08:27:44

AUTHOR: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME EXP COSIGNER:

URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED

Then follows the day's notes concerning my visit.

Then it is "signed"

"/es/ First name Last name MD

Physician, Primary Care Service

signed: 3/11/2008 08:52"

No physician's student assistant anywhere on record this day. At least, that's how it printed out on April 10, 2008. I think I'll request records for that visit again.

Anyway, enough is too much. Here you have the idea of the whole sorry mess. I have a feeling some feces is going to impact upon the rotary oscillator but I don't know if I can avoid becoming buried in the fallout!

In closing, their summary says in every case that it is " not medically feasable" that my claimed conditions are secondary to my SC condition. (only the ankle. They omitt and reference to the flat feet or combined effect.)

However, I do have an IMO on file at VARO that states it is "more likely than not" that it is a result of SC conditions.

There are also many studies that say otherwise too.

For what it's worth, I am not the only one having problems out of this office. A friend with a long, similar history was remanded to BVA. His VARO is to neither hear or receive anything involved with his case, he is to send all his records to DC. He allowed BVA is already moving quicker and have granted his condition @ 0% but they're sending him out of area for another C&P.

Is that standard procedure?

One* last* thing...

The summary says "a standard medical opinion was requested.

Providers restatement of requested medical opinion. This is not the medical opinion itself." <_<

Then lower down it says:

(NONSTANDARD EXAMINERS MEDICAL OPINION)

say whut??? :blink:

Edited by Jayg
Picvture of boots removed as it had SSN and Name on top of pic

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Jayg:

The paid VA C&P Assasins have told me I

a. have no unusual shoe wear

b. no shoe orthotic/inserts.

Both lies

The only thing they couldn't duck with mine was about 40 pages of SMR's (or whatever they call them now) for pes planus, and bilateral surgery for bunionectomy (Mitchell Procedure), while in service.

I don't know your MOS but you can try to tie it to that but you know the bottom line is you will have to have an IMO, and not just an IMO that is willing to Nexus it for you but will write that she has reviewed your SMR's specifically, regardless of how obvious that is, and tie it to your complaint in writing. Evidently a nexus must contain that statement that she has reviewed your SMR's . I just grabbed an IMO off the site that did not have that statement in it so just to save you the trouble of going back to the dr. and no doubt paying more money, be sure that statement is in there.

I agree that resorting to violence should be part of the VA review steps. A place in the CFR's.

I'm thinkning about going to a walk in clinic to add to the IMO I already have just to see if they will play ball.

PS it can't just say "at least as/diagnosis/injury or event". Must say reviewed SMR's and those are the result of the SMR's reviewed.

Jayg good luck and hang in there. I felt the pressure to just say to heck with it, take it as is or not, but don't let them win by default!

Edited by cannoncocker

Resorting to violence is not the answer.

My bad for sure, I never thought he was serious. violence will never fix any of our problems. At best it would make our situations much worse! Probably much much worse!

I can see I am not seeing things clearly so I better leave for awhile.

Good luck with your va problems and believe me I did not mean for that to be taken seriously!

what could violence posssibly gain anyone? I thought it was so ridiculous it was funny.

what I said about the VA C&P eaminers I stand by. My IMO said the exact same thig, and I quote the neurologist " the va hires them for just this reason" refering to his findings on my lumbar.

Edited by cannoncocker

I can sympathize with rental guy and appreciate his humor but I will not be going postal (gotta hold back the wife though! B) )

My IMO (which is in my claim already) the doctor had copies of my military records, VA health records, and any other claim related records along with my entire claim folder. He cited numerous items from my records to show he had reviewed them thoroughly (a lot moreso than these C&P yoyo's!)

He cited a number of studies supporting the feasibility of the secondary conditions I've claimed to my service connected conditions.

His 10+ years medical experience includes trauma center and giving exams for FAA licensing as well as other pertinent medical work. He has also provided expert testimony for civil trials.

This was all entered before the records of this exam were released.

UPDATE:

All moot for the moment. IRIS response says another DRO rendered a decision on 9/22. No info as to what decision is but I have no doubt's it was straight denial. Just have to wait on the paper work now. I'll try the 800#.

Personal hearing has been requested. Stay tuned for the next episode, Same forum, same whatever.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know the feeling of wanting to just go for the neck of some C&P doctor who is trying to screw you to the wall, but all you get for that is a trip to the city or county jail. You have to fight fire with fire. In this case that means you fight VA medical evidence with your own medical report. If you resort to violence you will get your ass beaten by VA police. You will probably be banned from the VAMC. The VARO will go out of their way to crush your claim. There are many severely mentally disabled vets who may resort to violence. It has happened at my VAMC. The VA police enjoy tasing them, spraying them and beating them.

I know some of us fantasize about doing violent things to the VA, but then you lose. They are a multi billion dollar government agnecy, and you are a lone individual. You will be branded an anti-social nut, and they will come out smelling like roses. The government has all the weapons of mass destruction, and what do you as an indvidual have? You have to use your brains when fighting the Beast.