Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod/dro Processing Time?

Rate this question

diablogun

Question

Hi all,

I filed my NOD at the Phoenix VARO with a date of March 10, 2009, and am wondering how long you all have waited for a SOC after this point. My case is pretty clear cut and should result in a favorable outcome, but one can never be certain.

I would love to hear from you all how long it took in your experiences; I know that some have had a nightmare experince, but I would appreciate all outcomes. I have sent several IRIS inquiries but don't know how long my chances are for resolution. Thank you in advance :-)

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am afraid you are right. I am just hoping it will only take them 1 year to fix a mistake a child could have figured out. Ugh, this wait is horrible for something that is so obvious and not open to interpretation...

I have to go through the NOD process because my DAV SO ask for my doctor's name and phone number. Hence, for some reason thed VA only used some old medical records dated to 1982 for my DMII claim. They apparently clould not call the doctor for the correct documents, and I should have noticed the error. Now, I will have to wait and wait and wait........................ :)

Papa

Hi all,

I would love to hear from you all how long it took in your experiences; I know that some have had a nightmare experince, but I would appreciate all outcomes. I have sent several IRIS inquiries but don't know how long my chances are for resolution. Thank you in advance :-)

diablogun,

I am sitting here looking at a Supplemental Statement of the Case, (SSOC)

that is dated February 26, 2005 and from the St. Petersburg RO.

It states,

"This is in further reference to the appeal you have filed from our decision

on your claim for benefits.

It is not a decision on the appeal you have initiated.

It is a Supplemental Statement of the Case which contains changes or

additions to the original Statements of the Case sent to you on June 17, 2002

and August 12, 2003.

A previous Supplemental Statement of the Case was sent on August 12, 2003.

We are giving you a period of 60 days to make any comment you wish

concerning the additional information."

This can all get very confusing.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

It is sad to file a claim, and then wait for 18 months to get a low ball rating, and then spend a couple more years getting it right if you are lucky. You can get caught up in the BVA,Remand,VARO,BVA cycle for decades. I think if the VA granted me everything I asked for I would faint. They either cheat you on the rating, or the effective date. The majority of vets use a broken down VSO to do their claim, and what a mistake that is when the VSO advises them not to appeal because they might lose what they have. When I got 70% my DAV VSO advised me not to appeal, and ask for IU. What an idiot. I just used them as a mail drop. I have ignored everything they have ever told me since that time.

That is true, I also never listen to the non-advice from my VSO. I haven't even talked to him for 1 year. To me 6 months sounds like an absolute maximum they should take to process an appeal to the DRO. Years is just stupid and unreasonable.