Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this question

12R3G

Question

Anyone out there in hadit land gotten sleep apnea re-rated P&T?

Just so I'm not confusing the issue, I'm 50% for OSA and on a CPAP. On my original claim, the RO stated the condition could improve, therefore I am subject to future exams.

what I would like is the future exam now and to delete the "could improve"

Okay, what I really want is 100% P&T schedular for the Chapter 35 benefits for my daughter (nursing school), and possibly my son (special needs job training).

and on that note...do I need to ask for P&T on top of everthing, or will 100% schedular with nothing subject to future exams/improvement automatically give the P&T and the Chapter 35?

Thanks

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sleep Apnea is the cause of the HTN in most cases.

If a Vet has HTN in the service records he should look up the criteria of HTN in the Regs.38 part4 cardiovascular ratings.

It should be filed separately if you can prove youhad it in service and you can show a current condition.

It will take a Doc to make a nexus but it is not too hard as long as the doc sees the entire evidence record and states what records were used to determine it.

J

Edited by jbasser

Sleep Apnea is the cause of the HTN in most cases.

If a Vet has HTN in the service records he should look up the criteria of HTN in the Regs.38 part4 cardiovascular ratings.

It should be filed separately if you can prove youhad it in service and you can show a current condition.

It will take a Doc to make a nexus but it is not too hard as long as the doc sees the entire evidence record and states what records were used to determine it.

J

I just checked my SMR and have several times where my BP was high did not get meds or treatment for it though, other than recommendation to lose weight. If I can get a Doc to write a nexus for the HTN, how long should I wait before filing for sleep apnea. As an aside I was just granted TDIU. Do I have to wait a period before filing a new claim with the VA? thanks to all for your advice and support.

jbasser,

Where did you find that "Sleep Apnea is the cause of HTN in most cases"? All I could find is that Sleep Apnea can cause hypertension, and is potentially life-threatening.

Since I have SMRs with HTN and recently diagnosed with Severe OSA, I would appreciate any more information you have on this.

Louis

Edited by Bonzai