VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee Basis

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

Need help with fee basis. Husband had a chest x-ray done at Urgent Care at the VA. The Dr. that saw him at Urgent Care called and said something showed up, and scheduled a CAT scan. At that time, she also told him that he would now be handled by his primary care provider(which he's been trying to get rid of for 2 yrs., and they want switch him). He had the CAT scan, and we heard nothing from them. We went and picked up his records and the records said he had 2 nodules on his lungs and needed to have a PET scan done. Well, he called the TAPS line and left message for his primary care dr. to call him about his CAT scan. She never called, so we made an app. at Duke Hospital and they did the PET scan. After this was done, his primary care called and read his record to him word for word. He asked her what her opinion was, and she said she had "no opinion". He called fee basis and they said his primary care would have to call them. The TAPS line people keep telling him they are not going to pay this and will not give the message to his primary care.

What can we do?

sbrewer

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Fee Basis is responsible for paying for emergency claims for 50% or more Vets and Service Connected Emergencies as well as approved Fee Basis in advance.

The truth is VA has shot themselves in their own foot by closing emergency rooms and limiting hours. If I have a heart attack no ambulance in Dallas will take me to VA.

Fee Basis == I Have a yellow FEE BASIS CARD that will pay up to $125.00 MONTHLY

for any reason -- EXCEPT as my card says EYEGLASSES and DENTAL===

You have to apply for it thru your local fee basis office== Mjne was because the nearest VA is more than 50 miles away =I had a card thru MPLS VA in Southern MN

as now I have it out of ST CLOUD MN. Theyre very slow paying too. If anvthing over

the $125.00 has to be autherized- If the VA cant do the needed tests

STEVE & PAT

Where is the fee basis office located? is it at the VAMC or RO?

dh

Fee Basis == I Have a yellow FEE BASIS CARD that will pay up to $125.00 MONTHLY

for any reason -- EXCEPT as my card says EYEGLASSES and DENTAL===

You have to apply for it thru your local fee basis office== Mjne was because the nearest VA is more than 50 miles away =I had a card thru MPLS VA in Southern MN

as now I have it out of ST CLOUD MN. Theyre very slow paying too. If anvthing over

the $125.00 has to be autherized- If the VA cant do the needed tests

STEVE & PAT

HI--

The FEE BASIS is at your local area VAMC.HOSPITAL. Usally the fartherest building from the entrance as ours is.

My card says; VA FEE BASIS OUTPATIENT

MEDICALCARE AUTHORIZATION

valid untill cancellrd by VA ======VA FORM 10-1174 MAR 2003

Then it has there information on the inside of the folded card. If I can get

the kid (18 year old- YA MOM & DAD ARE 62 yo )to copy it to the forum later. Says to send bills monthly and ETC. Says wont pay bills after 2 years. If we need prescription they only pay 10 days worth.We photo copy the prescription and the pharmacy reciept to send to F.B. billing. ( and make copys for my file.

you try to use your card often -or sometimes they say there isnt much need.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT---

STEVE & PAT

What is the process of getting this? I need outpatient bipolar counseling since my VAMC doesn't offer it. All I get at the VAMC is medication therapy (psychiatrist) and that's once every three months.

dh

HI--

The FEE BASIS is at your local area VAMC.HOSPITAL. Usally the fartherest building from the entrance as ours is.

My card says; VA FEE BASIS OUTPATIENT

MEDICALCARE AUTHORIZATION

valid untill cancellrd by VA ======VA FORM 10-1174 MAR 2003

Then it has there information on the inside of the folded card. If I can get

the kid (18 year old- YA MOM & DAD ARE 62 yo )to copy it to the forum later. Says to send bills monthly and ETC. Says wont pay bills after 2 years. If we need prescription they only pay 10 days worth.We photo copy the prescription and the pharmacy reciept to send to F.B. billing. ( and make copys for my file.

you try to use your card often -or sometimes they say there isnt much need.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT---

STEVE & PAT