VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Schedule

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........That's exciting.....I believe that I have a clear cut case to have my 0% rating increased...I've gathered new supporting evidence where the Dr diagnosed me and described my symptoms using the same verbiage as the rating schedule.......I don't think there's anyway that can't rule in my favor............Has anyone had experiences with DRO hearings? How long did it take to get a decision after the hearing?..........I know each case is different but I was trying to get a general time frame........Thanks for your feedback

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I filed a claim on 07-08-2008. I received an unacceptable decision on 02-19-2009. The VARO claims it received my NOD and request for a "Formal DRO Hearing" on 04-14-2009...

On May 4th,2011, I was advised by my VSO that a DRO Formal Hearing was scheduled for later that month, however the VARO sent my "Notice to Appear" to the wrong address. So The VA DRO cancelled the hearing and had to reschedule the Hearing due to the VA's "failure to notify". I was told that a new date would be set and I and my Rep would be notified of the new DRO formal hearing. So, I waited and waited...

Then on Jan 11,2012, I received a big legal size brown envelope, with over 30 pages, including a SOC. There it stated that an "Informal Conference" was held on 05-24-2011 (bogus-never happened) ...So, I never received my "DRO Formal Hearing" , and there was never an "Informal Conference" in May of 2011.... Unbelievable... Well, I filed a VA form 9 & BVA hearing request on Jan 17th, 2012.

Once again, It looks like I fell through the proverbial cracks at the VARO... I must say it looks pretty dank and dusty down here.LOL.

Long story, short ... I waisted almost 3+ years waiting for a DRO Hearing that never happened... Next stop is to climb out of the cracks & shredded paper, and move on down the yellow brick road, to the BVA.

Later,

Cmdr. Bob

CB,

Can you post the Reasons and Bases of the SOC ?

• HadIt.com Elder

CB,

Can you post the Reasons and Bases of the SOC ?

Thank you carlie,

The Reasons and Bases of the SOC consists of 5 pages... There are some key elements of that section of the SOC, which contain controversial and unjustified assumptions, as well as mistakes, presumptions and misinformation made by the VA and the DRO.

I don't see how I could publish that on an open Internet forum , at this time, without over editing, to protect my anonymity, and good name...

CB

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I know there are differences of opinion on this but here again I think the faster things get to BVA the better.

I agree , or COVA.

Thanks, 'deanbrt'. I appreciate your insight.

• HadIt.com Elder

PS...

It is very helpful to an elder or fellow member of Hadit, to read the "Reasons and Bases" of the SOC of a vet seeking direction. I know how frustrating it can be when trying to help a vet with their claim when they don't, or can't post the "Reasons and Bases" of the SOC.

I have tried to redact the "Reasons and Bases" of my SOC, so I could post it here, however, because of the VA's numerous logical fallacies that twist throughout the language of the document, I find it impossible to post.

After I receive my copy of the c-file, I will get an IMO, and turn it over to a lawyer. Then we'll go from there.

Thank you. I am most appreciative and grateful. for the information, direction and camaraderie, I have found here.

CB

post-4811-0-60267300-1334516850_thumb.jp

Edited by Commander Bob

When they don't read your medical records, in the reasons section (of the SOC) they stumble through and twist the words, 'no medical hisory in smr's found for these conditions..' therefore, claim for condition denied..'.. seems to appear..

then when you show them the records they either were too stupid to read, or thought they could lie and get past you, you show them the records showing you were treated for the conditions that they said you didn't have.. these have been my expeiences with my claim... I swear, before al this is over, if I am stil alive to post, I wil show at least half of my claims will be won... (or let's say approved...)... win, because they made the claim a wargame,,, approved, because you are not winning a damned thing..

Thank you carlie,

The Reasons and Bases of the SOC consists of 5 pages... There are some key elements of that section of the SOC, which contain controversial and unjustified assumptions, as well as mistakes, presumptions and misinformation made by the VA and the DRO.

I don't see how I could publish that on an open Internet forum , at this time, without over editing, to protect my anonymity, and good name...

CB