Life Insurance

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What if you were granted an increase on your initial claim. For example I was granted 10% on a claim filed in 2002 but I NOD and was awarded 30% retro to initial claim date. Does this qualify for the life insurance?

Larry is right, tho, for me I got it "catch 22" with life insurance. Here is how it works. The VA rarely gives you "full pop" (100%) from the get go, but does it in stages..zero percent, then 30% and finally 100%.

So, I got 40%..which is only about $500 bucks a month due to VA's fuzzy math. (40% of 2823 = $1129, but with VA's fuzzy math its less than half of that.) I got my free life insurance, but could not afford the kind you pay for cuz its rough to live on $500 per month. So, when I finally got my 100%, I cant get the extra 20k because you have to do it within a year, and increase in rating does not count as a new rating. Its catch 22.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the 30% retro was recent, what does the decision letter say? Is there any reference to insurance? Have you checked the website?

I am currently applyiing but the factors are different. While I am processing mine, will keep heads up for dates & details.

best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

What if you were granted an increase on your initial claim. For example I was granted 10% on a claim filed in 2002 but I NOD and was awarded 30% retro to initial claim date. Does this qualify for the life insurance?

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!