VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appealing Ptsd Claim

Rate this question

USMC1

Question

I was denied for my first claim due to my lack of listing stressors. I appealing and have listed stressors this time. I have two separate PTSD diagnosis's from different states.

Like many Jarheads, I am not comfortable "complaining", but I have been suffering with this stuff for too long and its time to get on the ball.

My question is. What else do I do? Should I go through the DAV or mail this in on my own?

Help!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS)

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...nduser/home.php

SCROLL DOWN TO Ask a Question

If you were unable to find the answer in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), then ask your question here. Use this link to ask questions, submit compliments, complaints and suggestions. If you are experiencing a medical emergency or in need of immediate crisis counseling, please go to your nearest medical facility Emergency Room or call 911. This web site is not intended to provide medical diagnosis or emergency care.

Many thanks for the responses, so glad I sumbled on this site!

Now for my next newbie question. Can I file my IRIS solely online, when I click next it takes me to a page that has addresses for me to mail stuff in?

• HadIt.com Elder
I was denied for my first claim due to my lack of listing stressors. I appealing and have listed stressors this time. I have two separate PTSD diagnosis's from different states.

Like many Jarheads, I am not comfortable "complaining", but I have been suffering with this stuff for too long and its time to get on the ball.

My question is. What else do I do? Should I go through the DAV or mail this in on my own?

Help!

How far do you live from your VA Regional Office??? What date is on your denial letter? Have you filed a "Notice of Disagreement yet? You have one year to file your NOD. Is the letter listing the stressors, you mentioned here, your first reply to the VA since you received the VA denial letter ? I would go to the VARO and have them hand time stamp every letter and document you have to submit on your appeal. Is your NSO from the DAV in the same building as the VARO. Since you have the DAV rep., you should stop by and try to show them what you are submitting, and keep them in the loop.

Best wishes for a successful appeal.

Edited by Commander Bob

Alright, I dropped my paperwork a few weeks back and it was returned to me in the mail because I apparently need to resend it to the board of appeals?

Is it better for me to reopen a new claim or reappeal?

?????????

"Alright, I dropped my paperwork a few weeks back and it was returned to me in the mail because I apparently need to resend it to the board of appeals?"

returned from a Regional office???

"I sent my appeal in to the board of appeals. Now I am getting FedEx letters from attorney's wanting to represent me.

What the hell is that all about?"

You dont mean you appealed to the CAVC do you?

You have right to hire an attorney when a NOD has been filed after June 20,2007.

Still-I never heard of lawyers asking to represent anyone unless they file at the CAVC and get on the court docket.

There is no sharing of personal info between the BVA and lawyers that I know of that would allow any lawyer to be able to even find out who you are prior to giving them your POA.

This has nothing to do with a writ of mandamus or CAVC appeal does it?

If so name and address is public knowledge at CAVC _I even think my old mandamus writ is still there-and 12 lawyers contacted me when they could easily get my address from the CAVC web site (think it was COVA then)

I dont get this at all in your situation.