VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% For Major Depression

Rate this topic

Ironman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations ~ ! thanks for the post and inspiration. Thank you for your service. I second the motion of "thanks' to Lady Tbird!

Cowgirl'up2009!

Hello everyone.

I beat all the odds and got 100% disability for Major depression on the very first try.

I would like to thank everyone for all the valuable information I gathered here on the forums.

I got my backpay and the 1st thing I did was buy a new car and also bought a small house.

I am pretty well set now I never have to worry about paying rent or making a car payment anytime soon.

I owe you all a ton of thanks for making it alot smoother processing my claim.

It took a long year to get through this process but with all the info on this site it made things go smoothly.

Again I want to give big thanks for all the information and would like to thank Tbird especially for making such a wonderful site for us veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats.

I hope that you also have Social Security Disability or have already applied for it.

Starting in October the VA awards a lot of claims.I think it validates my 4% theory.

When I got my 100% I went to a VVA meeting in November and found that 7 other guys were awarded in November.

It took me 5 years and 5 months to get 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I think I went through all the stages of rating increases up to the time I got IU. I started at 10% in 1973, and then 30%, and jumped to 70% without IU. Then after about 18 months I got IU. It took 30 years to get from 10% to IU. It was a long, strange trip. I am glad you got 100% on the first try, but I bet you suffered enough already. If you have any sort of emotional/mental disability the VA puts you through the meatgrinder. Usually, you have to suffer years of humiliation and accusations of fraud to get 100%. Only the stongest and most determined get to 100%. What happens to those who are too sick to fight back? I think they are on the street.

Hello again,

Just wanted to add a little more info.

I got 100% disability. I did'nt have to go the IU route like I thought I would.

I am not scheduled for any future exams but am not holding my breath on that one.

And for Larry I bought a small one bedroom house off a relative for a really cheap price.

I got 1 year back pay. I paid more for my car then my house. haha