VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Rating For Ptsd

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

That's weird I have 50% PTSD and 30% TBI but I have only met with the social worker a couple of times during the C&P process and after the award Ive only seen the psych doc once for meds since my award 2 months ago. Other than that I got nothing...?

Edited by hawkcrewchief

• HadIt.com Elder
That's weird I have 50% PTSD and 30% TBI but I have only met with the social worker a couple of times during the C&P process and after the award Ive only seen the psych doc once for meds since my award 2 months ago. Other than that I got nothing...?

Have you seen your Primary Care Physician (PCP)?

Have you requested psychiatric care or group therapy when you saw your PCP?

All he/she has to do, is input a referral into the computer, attention psych team, and they are supposed to contact you vis a vis an appointment.

Be Pro-Active.

Go To Your PCP and request this (just call your PCP's office nurse and let them know what you want).

IF that doesn't work, Go To Your VAMC, Go To the Patient Advocate's Office and Let Them KNOW.

That ought to about do it, I reckon.

Am I understanding you to say that a psychiatrist put you on some sort of medication and that you do not have a follow-up appointment? In other words you are on a psychotropic drug and you have no follow-on care and no way to renew your script?

They didn't tell you, when you saw this psych doctor to make an appointment with the dest when you left your last appointment?

Edited by LarryJ