Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Losing My Cookies

Rate this question

Josh

Question

I am livid right now and hope writing takes away my deep anger. I sent in the completed form 9 by DHL and it was signed for by the Houston regional office. It was sent direct to my service officer and he has not replied or even let me know that he as got it in his hands. The deadline is this Friday and even when I called the phone number provided it has been changed.

The IRIS system was written and they indicated the Form 9 has not been filed and that I could lose the chance to file if the deadline passes.

Being in South America does not make it any easier to file a claim and when an SO does not at least act like the mail man he is that is a very serious problem... I just hope I do not have a heart attack thinking where is the information sent... What a cluster F...

If I lose th is claim because of a negligent VSO, somebody will pay.

Edited by Josh

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am livid right now and hope writing takes away my deep anger. I sent in the completed form 9 by DHL and it was signed for by the Houston regional office. It was sent direct to my service officer and he has not replied or even let me know that he as got it in his hands. The deadline is this Friday and even when I called the phone number provided it has been changed.

The IRIS system was written and they indicated the Form 9 has not been filed and that I could lose the chance to file if the deadline passes.

Being in South America does not make it any easier to file a claim and when an SO does not at least act like the mail man he is that is a very serious problem... I just hope I do not have a heart attack thinking where is the information sent... What a cluster F...

If I lose th is claim because of a negligent VSO, somebody will pay.

Josh,

You have the signed receipt from the Houston VA via DHL? Keep a hold of that. If you SO does not do his Job and hand deliver your form 9(Please call him and leave many messages of his machine). You will have edivence that you sent it off before the time limit expires on the claim in question.

It will all work out Josh. Don't give up. God bless you.

Bound4heaven

This was the DHL delivery

Air Waybill Number

Origin Service Area

Destination Service Area

Status

Cartagena - Colombia

Houston - Downtown, TX - USA

Signed for by: PBROWN

Shipment delivered April 03, 2006 09:28

9036872482 - Detailed Report

Date

Time

Location Service Area

Checkpoint Details

March 29, 2006

18:09

Cartagena - Colombia

Shipment picked up

March 29, 2006

19:55

Cartagena - Colombia

Departed from DHL facility in Cartagena - Colombia

March 30, 2006

04:38

Bogota - Colombia

Arrived at DHL facility in Bogota - Colombia

March 30, 2006

04:46

Bogota - Colombia

Shipment on hold

March 30, 2006

22:03

Bogota - Colombia

Departed from DHL facility in Bogota - Colombia

April 03, 2006

07:12

Scheduled for delivery

April 03, 2006

07:34

With delivery courier

April 03, 2006

09:28

Shipment delivered

Try a new search.

DHL Tracking services

Josh- one thought-

can you copy the first page of the appeal and then paste into into the VA Iris query page and

put in the RE: that you are electronically filing the appeal?

I say first page only with your c file number etc- because I got so mad I sent them a SOC response via the query-

They called me and said their PC could only pick up part of it-only one page -the whole thing was mailed anyhow later that day-

OR- I have this info for the Houston VARO- this info is about a year old-

Director Ursula Henderson 1-713-794-3661 6900 Almeda Rd Houston VARO

By fax 1-713-794-3749

You could Fax the appeal copy to her- or query her directly at Iris by putting her name into the Topic part.

Josh- their mail room might be behind- it happens here all the time-

vet gets a receipt of something they sent but it doesnt get on the PC for a week or more,

The SO- he has a boss- if you tell me what org - I will give you his bosses name-

Berta and Josh

The Chief of the Veterans Service center in Houston Is Paul R . Black. He has no phone, no anwering machine, and no secretary to take messages!!! This according to operatprs at the Houston VARO

good luck!!!