Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Irregular Heart Rhythm

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Has anyone heard of someone getting SC for heart problems like atrial afibrulation (heart palpitations/irregular heart rhythm)? As part of my SC sinusitis treatments, the VA prescribed daily doses of pseudoephedrine (sudafed) for quite a few years. After I receive my records, I will present this to my cardiologist in hopes for an IMO.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Stretch,

That document reads like something straight out of the X-Files.

I did some digging and found the following GAO report which goes into greater detail about some of the testing sites, dates, units involved, and agents used. This might be helpful to other people, but it looks like the majority of those involved were identified and notified.

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d04410.pdf

I was not in the areas listed when the publicly acknowledged testing occurred.

I had sinusitis while active duty many years ago, I have it bad now. I have had it very bad epecially after spending 6 months in the hospital on a feeding tube.. I don't want to get gross, but the inside of the top of my nose is very swollen and fills with a puss like thick mucus every day.. they gave me antibiotis and spray, but it has not helped yet..

It will show up in my VA medical records whith my claim and appeal,

my claim is very expensive and covers many problems,, so I cannot put it all down in a few words..

I had hypertension, excema, headaches, chemical exposue, was hosptialized with pnumonia and stomach disorders on active duty too.. I just am unsure how the sinusitis comes into this claim and whether they look at all illnesses or only what you claim on the form.... it's just all way to difficult... to many problems,, but all documented..

any other ideas on sinusitis ? how much weight it carries in claims and appeals..

thanx..

Edited by retiredat44

Sinusitis- if formally claimed and if a chronic condition since service-can be service connected:

Sinusitis excerbated in service-service connection for sinusitis granted:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp06/files3/0613596.txt

Sinusitis granted:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0303963.txt

"whether they look at all illnesses or only what you claim ont he form"

They could infer other conditions that are not claimed but 99% of the time- they wont do that.

Are the headaches secondary to this sinus problem?

Sinusitis- if formally claimed and if a chronic condition since service-can be service connected:

Are the headaches secondary to this sinus problem?

no I thought of this nose problem as totally indpendent of headaches.. , it is just one more on a long list, just caught my eye and since I do have it, and had it back then, I thought I would ask.. also this forums gives me info I can't get eleswhere,, I don't know other people with the same condition.. I never heard of anyone with this mucus like silicone substance,, very very odd..

it may take a month to get rid of with medicine, if ever..

They have had me on digoxin, potassium, and also something for blood pressure ever since. I asked about coming off of the meds.

Vync,

Digoxin levels need to be monitored - it kept my BP so low I'd pass out.

carlie