Rate this question

buickx

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Just had the second Vietnam Veteran rejected for va medical help....both were told they both make to much money after filling out income disclusure ..whats up with this?

they make to much money for category 8 assistance and they are NOT SC for any medical conditions, the VA is still not giving free care to all veterans just low income, all service connected veterans, combat veterans discharged within past 5 years etc in most states if a veteran is not SC and makes more than 28,000 dollars a year in household income counting spouses etc, the VA can refuse to treat them if they feel they have problems related to AO etc they need to file a claim first and get SC before the VA will admit them for treatment and then they get into that co pay mess etc until they get an award over 50% if they want anything treated other than the SC problem etc the VA currently treats about 6 million veterans there are 26 million veterans in the US they could not begin to treat all veterans for free on their current funding....

unless congress changes the rules I don't think things are going to change any time soon

ok.... Will go the Agent Orange test route...see what shows up, and file claims based on private doctors..The va has no problem charging private health insurance for the rest of us....

thanks for info..

• HadIt.com Elder
ok.... Will go the Agent Orange test route...see what shows up, and file claims based on private doctors..The va has no problem charging private health insurance for the rest of us....

thanks for info..

right but we are already in the system Category 8 is closed for new admissions for over income veterans low income veterans can still get in and get treated the only way in to the VA system for veterans without a SC is low income right now I agree it's a screwed up system the difference is tell the vetrans to keep copies of doctors treatment for medical problems that you are trying to get SC related to AO exposure etc when the VARO grants the SC they can ask for medical bills from the time they filed the claim until it's granted and any medications

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My best/only friend, other than my girlfriend, retired from the Air Force. They also told him that he made too much for care.

• HadIt.com Elder

The whole idea of charging co-pays to vets at a VAMC burns my ass. Any vet without insurance should be able to use the VA regardless of income. The larger the number of vets who get care at the VA the larger the constituency of potential voters. That means more money for the VA. If vets had world class care including dental and vision care it would help draw people into the military. As it is I think those who volunteer now do so because of lack of other opportunity. The USA has always gotten away with shortchanging its veterans. That should stop. I think most Vietnam vets will eventually find some AO disease to get SC'ed for since the list is expanding.