VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Win Win

Rate this question

Alb

Question

Upon a substantive Appeal I received in the mail today a "Supplemental" statement of the case which is an update to the (SOC) statement of the case. The DRO has granted two increases from 20% to 40% lumbar strain with degenerative disc disease and 20% to 30% cervical strain with degenerative disc disease. This was after they already made a rating decision. Someone went back and looked over my file and my C&P and corrected it to the proper percentage of disability. They even contacted the social security department to see if I was disabled from my back or neck. With this award, I am entitled to compensation based on housebound under special monthly compensation. (rated at 100% scedular) I did not even have to apply for this benifit, they went ahead and granted it to me. They wanted to know if I wanted to appeal this decision. Does any one know how much housebound pays? They also said that since there is the possibilty of improvement, this evaluation is not considered permanent and is subject to a future review examination. People keep up the fight and never stop, when you know your right!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is the same as SMC S and it pays 320.00 for a single vet with no dependants.

I am happy for you. Enjoy it.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder
Upon a substantive Appeal I received in the mail today a "Supplemental" statement of the case which is an update to the (SOC) statement of the case. The DRO has granted two increases from 20% to 40% lumbar strain with degenerative disc disease and 20% to 30% cervical strain with degenerative disc disease. This was after they already made a rating decision. Someone went back and looked over my file and my C&P and corrected it to the proper percentage of disability. They even contacted the social security department to see if I was disabled from my back or neck. With this award, I am entitled to compensation based on housebound under special monthly compensation. (rated at 100% scedular) I did not even have to apply for this benifit, they went ahead and granted it to me. They wanted to know if I wanted to appeal this decision. Does any one know how much housebound pays? They also said that since there is the possibilty of improvement, this evaluation is not considered permanent and is subject to a future review examination. People keep up the fight and never stop, when you know your right!

thats about as good as it gets until they award you P&T congrats

Good job - gumption pays off!

ALB this is WONDERFUL and the VA did the rioght thing- they "inferred" SMC and found your medical evidence allowed the SMC "S" Housebound award.

The amounts are all here for all awards =you need to look under SMC "S"

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/#BM01

Ni veteran should need to apply for SMC but many have to anyhow as the VA will not honor the mandate to "infer" SMC consideration in many cases.