Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Periphreal Neuropathy

Rate this question

Rob53

Question

I am connected for hepatitis C at 10% from ignorance of a C&P. I claimed Cirrhosis and depression as secondary to hepc that is that is still in remand. Now I sent a claim for periphreal neuropathy to the VARO for Periphreal neuropathy diagnosed by the VAMC themselves. Now instead of rating the PN at the VARO they have sent it to the board of appeals. Why should I have to appeal a case that they discoverd themselves? What do you do with a VARO that wont do their job?

Thanks Rob Davis

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jayg,

Peripheral Neuropathy is a real bear to have. Like you, I have it in lower extremities & now have it in the hands also. Just increased Gabapentin from 1200MG to 1600MG per day, also Baclofen 20MG & Thera-gesic cream at night. Just for good measure have hose for legs & gloves for the hands. I do not have diabetes & have not filed for S/C for numerous reasons. I have 100% P&T plus SMC "S" award for AO Cancer. I also have CAD, so know I would have several possible claims that I could submit. I wish all of you luck with your claims. That herbicide exposure is eating away at our bodies.

Don

I do not have any verifiable AO exposure. My County service officer has long said he'd file me for it if he could because I have many of the symptoms though no Diabetes or cancer (yet). No telling. They keep finding more places the stuff was used.

Happily, my pn is not so bad as you describe. They are looking at my lower back as a potential source of it but they're not betting on it. So far the call is just "idiopathic"- they don't know what caused it. I take Baclofen and Tramodol. How much any of that helps this, I don't know. The first is for my low back pain and the second for arthritic pain. I also take Myrapex for RLS- don't know if that has any connection either.

• HadIt.com Elder

How many here have low back pain? It will dog you regardless of the pills you take and the PT or the operations. It is one of the hardest things to deal with because it is always present to a degree. Mine has gotten worse, but no shooting pains down the leg yet. That is the bad sign. PN goes from outward to inward. If it starts in your feet it goes to your legs and towards the center of the body. That is if it is getting worse.

Zombie thread resurrection.

Is PN the same as radiculopathy? I am rated 10% for radiculopathy in one leg, but I have it in both now, 2nd to DDD (40%). Ive put in an increase for the one, and requested Service Connetion for the other since it's unrated.

Would they change it to PN, or call it bilateral radiculopathy, or is it the same thing?

CAS