• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu But Permanent And Total

Rate this question

ddown

Question

It says Service-Connected disability: Yes

Your combined service-conected evaluation is: 80%

Your current Monthly award: $2,919.00

Are you being paid at the 100% rate because you are unemployable due to your service-rated disabilities: Yes

Are you considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service related condition: Yes

2 more after this loss of limb or eye and then a line SAH SHA both NO

Question is I'm having 1 more C&P for PTSD should go up. I was inpatient for six weeks CPT program

I thought you had to be 100% for total and permanently category?

Came from detroit VA today

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

they are good to have aren't they I had one since I was a child my step father was retired Air Force I then spent almost 10 years active then NG then activated for GW1 and now P&T I found out how much I missed not having that card in my wallet people that have never had one don't have a clue as to what they have missed out on a military base is a full city auto shops wood shops vacation centers everything most people could want.....and the camaraderie of the people on the base a mutual respect for everyone there from the privates to the officers and to the family members and even the civilian employees that make it all work it's a huge functional family

Congratulations! I too am 80%/IU P&T. I just got my letter a few weeks ago.

"auto shops wood shops vacation centers" Wow! I never thought about that stuff. re "wood shops," do you mean like craft shops for the troops or shops for military use? Frequently you can get many things made at craft shops just for the cost of materials. Give them decent plans of what you want built and as long as it is w/in capabilities of the crafters, they'll do the labor just for the experience.

If I may ask this question w/out usurping this thread- Exactly how does one apply for these military privilege cards? I'm only about an hour from Barksdale AFB. That should beat most Army bases all hollow. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder

"auto shops wood shops vacation centers" Wow! I never thought about that stuff. re "wood shops," do you mean like craft shops for the troops or shops for military use? Frequently you can get many things made at craft shops just for the cost of materials. Give them decent plans of what you want built and as long as it is w/in capabilities of the crafters, they'll do the labor just for the experience.

If I may ask this question w/out usurping this thread- Exactly how does one apply for these military privilege cards? I'm only about an hour from Barksdale AFB. That should beat most Army bases all hollow. ;)

DOD form 2765 Identification and Privilege Card ("tan card").

Send an IRIS to your local VA Regional Office (I guess Waco, for you, yes?). Give them your claim# and tell them you want the letter to get your Dept of Defense Form 2765 cards. Take the letter from the VA to Barksdale, along with the wife/kids and their civilian id's (driver's license, ssa card, etc.) To the main gate at Barksdale they will direct you to the "visitor's center" (it's right there at the gate, if I remember correctly), try to go on a weekday, less busy, tell the Sarge what you want, they'll take the photos and process your cards right then and there. While you are at it, take your vehicle title and your proof of liability insurance for your card and they will issue your vehicle sticker, if you have more than one vehicle, take all your vehicles' info. If you don't do this, then YOU will have YOUR "admission card" but you'll be standing at the gate, looking at a long walk to the PX/BX without your car.

Enjoy your benefits. WE do.

BTW, if they are anything like Navy Ft. Worth, take a couple of coolers along with you, great buys on beef.

If I may ask this question w/out usurping this thread- Exactly how does one apply for these military privilege cards? I'm only about an hour from Barksdale AFB. That should beat most Army bases all hollow. :P

Got 'em!!! :D