Angelo Hurtado

Question

Sad day, I got a denial letter..I filed for

PTSD

Depression

Back Injury

Left Ankle Injury/Arthritis

Sleep Apnea

the determined that my condition is not severe enough to keep me from working due to my age (25), education, training, and work experience.

Although I experience pain the medical evidence shows that i'm able to walk and move about in a satisfactory manner without the use of an assistive device (i use a cane what the heck)

they said my sleep apnea isnt disabling and that even though i may be depressed and suffer from PTSD at times, my records show that i'm able to think, communicate and act in my own interest. The evidence shows im able to adjust to ordinary emotiinal stresses and to get along with others...as well as to do my usual activites and to remember and follw basic instructions.

They realize that I cannot do my past work, but my condition does not preclude me from all work activities. Based upon the medical findings, it is determined that I should be able to perform work that does not require special skills, special training, FREQUENT CONTACT WITH MY COWORKERS AND CONTACT WITH PUBLIC

such a bad day man...I know most people get denied but I had my hopes up, any advice on where to go from here? I hope the Va doesnt deny my claim for TDIU

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

eD, & jOHN,

kEEP ON FIGHTING AND DO NOT i MEAN IT do not give up!!!!!!!!

lOMA lINDA bILL

• HadIt.com Elder

Angelo

The Lawyer would have never taken the claim if they did not think that they have a winner. Wishing for the best for you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Angelo,

I had a law firm represent me after my first SSA denial.

A Hearing was scheduled before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ),

I did not have to attend the Hearing and my SSA was granted as fully favorable.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

thanks everyone, i feel really comfortable now...it was such a pain in the butt to have to do all this SSDI stuff at 25....now just awaiting tdiu (it went into rating on dec11th) hope this doesnt take years too

thanks everyone, i feel really comfortable now...it was such a pain in the butt to have to do all this SSDI stuff at 25....now just awaiting tdiu (it went into rating on dec11th) hope this doesnt take years too

hey Angelo, what are your sc raitings. The reason I ask is beacaus I'm on the same boat u are. Just applied for ssdi and have an appeal for sc disabilities at the Va. Also good luck with everything.

Also can u explain me how the proces went when u first applied for ssdi?

Hello friend,

I am 30 yrs old and will apply for SSDI in May (once I finish this last class I am taking). I have prepared for the application phase by purchasing 3 programs that assist in showing you how to properly fill out the forms and what to say to your doctor to help you in the process. It's all functional. Your medications cause dizziness and extreme nausea, but without the meds you cannot get out of bed. This is one of the guides within the program.

Currently, you have to get a lawyer to represent you. Note: When attending your future appt., while speaking to the doc, focus the entire exam on your wanting to work, but being unable due to depression/PTSD related issues. The doctor may feel your faking it to get a "free ride" so stress to them that you hate yourself for not being able to work, but you constantly have decreased energy and are overly paranoid when interviewing. SSA does not care about how much pain you're in nor do they care whether that meager job can support you. They ONLY care whether you can perform one of much simple unskilled type of jobs.

Can you return to past work/Can you do any work at all? You must prove you cannot return to past work. Your medical record must show that you did not leave because you were slightly in pain.

What can hurt your case?

1) Lack of ongoing treatment (less than once per month)

2) Not attending or cooperating with your appointment(s)

3) A medical record that does not support your case (doc. feels your faking, seeking drugs, doesn’t like paperwork, doesn’t want to lose business from insurance companies)

I highly recommend a person who is doing an initial claim for SSDI to purchase quality programs that show you how to fill the forms properly and what to or not to say to SSA when they interview you.

- MDASH1

Sad day, I got a denial letter..I filed for

PTSD

Depression

Back Injury

Left Ankle Injury/Arthritis

Sleep Apnea

the determined that my condition is not severe enough to keep me from working due to my age (25), education, training, and work experience.

Although I experience pain the medical evidence shows that i'm able to walk and move about in a satisfactory manner without the use of an assistive device (i use a cane what the heck)

they said my sleep apnea isnt disabling and that even though i may be depressed and suffer from PTSD at times, my records show that i'm able to think, communicate and act in my own interest. The evidence shows im able to adjust to ordinary emotiinal stresses and to get along with others...as well as to do my usual activites and to remember and follw basic instructions.

They realize that I cannot do my past work, but my condition does not preclude me from all work activities. Based upon the medical findings, it is determined that I should be able to perform work that does not require special skills, special training, FREQUENT CONTACT WITH MY COWORKERS AND CONTACT WITH PUBLIC

such a bad day man...I know most people get denied but I had my hopes up, any advice on where to go from here? I hope the Va doesnt deny my claim for TDIU