Timetowinarace

Rate this question

Wings

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Timetowinarace posted a thread about the moderators closing topics, but the mods closed his topic too. I wanted to be able to respond to him, that I understand his frustrations with censure. Sometimes, it is unwarranted. We are adults, and should be able to emote without being punished. I am already walking on egg shells at home, trying to paint on the happy face. Shouldn't I be able to come to Hadit and be with adults that do not judge me for feeling human? ~Wings

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings, the topic was not closed as a result of censure. It was closed as a result of a personal attack.

Peronal attacks including name calling are not allowed.

Time has been a valuable asset to Hadit since 1995 and I for one hopes he stays around to continue to help Veterans.

John

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings respond there seems to be a somewhat loosely organized group of Members who think that Hadit is theirs to do with as they please. Over the years TBird has requested that Members follow guidelines or rules and yet these issues continue to come up time after time. Even though the topic was closed it was still left up for all to see which is not redacting or editing or even censure.

We should be more concerned about the Members who have their original questions walked on and trampled by gamesmanship.I will not close a thread I rarely do considering all the posts that go up. Most of the 6 were related by the way to one person who may or may not be who they purport to be.

The other thing for all to take account of is that Xmas is not always Peace and Joy to Members and especially many who still wait for justice from the VA.

If I was not a Moderator I probably would not come here much anymore. Not many but Jbasser, Carlie and Sixthscents have any idea how much time and effort is spent trying to keep Hadit a safe place for Members to work on their claims and get support from Members who have been through it. We also have major contributors like yourself, Berta, Allan, Sharon, Poolguy, James Breckenridge and many before and hopefully more to come who roll up sleeves and dig out the regulations and help people who have poor representation work their claims. I apologize for many I left out and right now Hoppy comes to mind who dissect a claim and craft the paperwork that helps win claims.

If anyone has some suggestions on how to make Hadit work better please let us know.Sometimes I think that many who have won forget what it was like when we struggled with our claims

I have been a member a little over a year and just in that short time, I have noticed a distinct change in the tone of exchanges when someone brings up a political/sensitive subject. I, as many, don't only come to hadit for advice on VA related issues. I often read the threads and get therapy from knowing others suffer the same worldly issues I have trouble accepting. I thought the social chat thread could be used for that. Maybe we are wrong for feeling we should come to hadit for anything other than advice on our claims issues.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of my veteran sisters and brothers. Thank you for your service! May 2010 bring us the decision on our claim that we are praying for and a 2011 COLA increase :) And may God Bless America !!!

I, as many, don't only come to hadit for advice on VA related issues. I often read the threads and get therapy from knowing others suffer the same worldly issues I have trouble accepting. I thought the social chat thread could be used for that. Maybe we are wrong for feeling we should come to hadit for anything other than advice on our claims issues.

mags,

No Forum here to include Social Chat is for discussion on politics or religion.

That can surely be done in PM's.

Even though some members may see it as

"therapy from knowing others suffer the same worldly issues

I have trouble accepting."

People have such varied views an opinions on "wordly issues"

and as such these issues usually result in interruption of the

goals Tbird set out for Hadit.

There are plenty of web boards out there that people can utilize

to discuss "wordly issues".

We are here to support one another on VA issues, share knowledge

as we can, etc...

Now that's not to say a little support can't be shared because

someone is going through a rough patch or something, want's to

post a little joke to bring a smile on board, or even wants

to vent a bit about the military, DOD, VA etc...

If we all didn't realize how frustrating the process is,

we wouldn't be here in the first place.

jmho,

carlie

I'm probably one of those who use hadit for more than just my claim. I know for a fact that I tend to vent on enumerative number of things, the sad affair of how badly my Tom Cat treats me among others that are none VA Claims related. I think I discuss anything and everything, except politics and religion, except in my belief of a higher spirit that does have a controlling interest into our lives for good and/or bad. enough said on that subject.

If I disagree with how a moderator or Tbird views things being said and/or discussed, then I have the freedom of choice, to either accept their opinion or to disagree within reason or to just move, or to opt out from hadit altoger. I certainly don't find it necessary to resort to name calling and the likes, just because someone disagrees with me or vice-a-verses, I would prefer, if I am able to, no matter what side of the matter I am showing a preference to, to still be upbeat as much as I can.

Even now it seems that I am ranting a bit or rambling on and making little sence. My best advise is to read what I have posted twice, if you can remember to and to compair it twice to what the post is all about, hoping all the while that it comes out making as much sence as you hoped it would.

Rockhound Rider :)

Wings, I read and reread your post numerous times as well as some that were closed. I also read and reread the forum rules.

I feel like the egg shell walking too. I would like to give some of my personal insight to the topic information and past responses.

We are not a democracy here(as was previously posted, which I think of as 2 principles, equality, and freedom)...well not a "Direct Democracy"here however this privately owned site has elected what may be referred to as "Representative Democracy." (The power to govern is granted to these representatives.)

These positions are referred to as Moderators. They are given special powers to enforce the rules of this internet forum, or debates. (They do give of their time freely.) Their objectives are to mediate disputes and attempt to avoid conflicts.

Which we know.

Now as I read over the rules too I find...this site is "User Friendly"as long as posters do not cause disruptions...we are not into censorship...Simply need to setforth some guidelines...to maintain harmony." Then I read a post by a mod(whom I do like also and respect)...If I were not a moderator, I probably would not come here much anymore. Also having read and reread the rules I did not/could not find any mention of "religious" topics at all, much less avoidance of these. So now my head is spinning more. Don't write this/that...(topics)Not that I do write about religion...I don't. But?

I am here for my claims with the VA. The ways to deal with the processes/regulations/NOD's,etc. Along the way frustrations run high when one gets "denied" and the whole thing gets overwhelming, so venting here may be the avenue some choose, believing they are safe here with others who have been there.

I really don't believe some set out to be "troublemakers?" but get perceived that way cause they "are at their breaking point."

I am here to learn, educate others, if able to grasp the knowledge, but mostly tell you I feel your sentiments too. I do not ever try to disrespect or argue with others but wanted you to know I totally back you on you post here!

Everything you typed!

I am not always politically correct in what I may write with a few BH diagnoses it is no wonder.

(Not politics...politically)

I do belive that there are days one may feel more anxious/frustrated/discusted/discouraged,etc and feel this is a "Safe House" so to speak. One where we can let it out in the comfort knowing many of our brothers/sisters feel the same. Maybe the comfort is in my head...I am feeling I will need to write, read, reread my posts before I click send. I hid these feelings almost 4 decades, I want to feel the safeness but now am leary if another will be offended and then closure occurs.

I could have sent you a pm but you posted your opinions here so I did the same.

I appreciate your frankness and openness too Wings. Peace to you and your on this Christmas day. :lol:

Peace to all. The post was not intended to cause harm to anyone but reflection of My own personal opinions. Thank you.

:)

quote name='Wings' date='Dec 24 2009, 07:33 AM' post='182132']

x

x

x

Timetowinarace posted a thread about the moderators closing topics, but the mods closed his topic too. I wanted to be able to respond to him, that I understand his frustrations with censure. Sometimes, it is unwarranted. We are adults, and should be able to emote without being punished. I am already walking on egg shells at home, trying to paint on the happy face. Shouldn't I be able to come to Hadit and be with adults that do not judge me for feeling human? ~Wings