Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Never Forgets

Rate this question

Missouri_Vet

Question

Something interesting that could raise some eyebrows... Many of you that go to the VA like I do watch the doctor, nurse, tech or whomever open your records on the computer screen in front of you. On mine there is a box that is surrounded by aterisks * and it says in the box that it is sensitive or secure. I asked one day what all that was about and the person told me that the only reason the box is there is because if you have ever been violent or a problem, or if you have ever worked for the VA. She asked me jokingly "which one i was"? which I replied " Which one do you think i am"? Truth be known ive worked at a va before and ive been a problem so both i guess but, dont you think this is kinda a violation of rights as a patient? I mean i have been to several VA's and it shows up on everyone one of them, and everytime i get that look from em....and i just say ive worked at a va before and then they are nice again. They already have a predetermined outlook on my visit that it is going to be bad or that they have to be wary of me or something. I worked for VA 20 years ago, and the inccident prob happened 10 yrs ago... The VA never forgets and I think it affects outcomes of VA care, CNP's etc....

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They ask me the same thing. I worked at the Va as a student back in the 1980's, and they still have me on their "black list". I wonder how much of the stuff that went wrong with my claim was attributed to me being on the "black list" and how much of it was just plain VA incompetence.

I'm in the Black List Hall of Fame. Will not go into any details, but was actually fired as a student working for the VA filing X-Rays. I was working 2 hours per day, and outproducing 3 full-time VA employees. They just could not have that. I'm so blessed that I have the insurance and means so that I can advoid the VA medical system.

Papa