Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Exams

Rate this question

deserteagle

Question

I just had a PTSD review exam in OCT and I recently received a letter that I am up for a review OCT2010. My question is, I had my initial exam in Sept2008, review Oct2009 and now have another review Oct2010...does this mean that I will have one every year until they can reduce my rating from 100% or is it just standard practice to have these every year?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a Doc to say your condition is permanent in nature. Then You need to ask the VA for a P and T status.

That still is not a guarantee but it seems to make the re-exams alot less frequent.

• HadIt.com Elder

A claim for P&T status is really a claim for Chapter 35 benefits. You should do as John suggests and get a doctor to write well constructed statement that your disabilites are permanent and nature. Submit this with a request for Chapter 35 benfits. This is a claim. The only way to get Chapter 35 is to be P&T. I imagine you were denied Chapter 35. You could have appealed this denial. I did that and within one year I got my Chapter 35 along with P&T status. You are really asking for in increase.

How would I file for P&T? Is there a VA Form or do I just submit a written request within 1 year of decision? Is it useful to get an outside Dr's opinion or should I just stick to the VA system? I want to be fully armed going into this, so any ammo you can give me going into this would be great. Thanks

If you can get an opinion from your VA doc that should do it. No need to spend the money for an outside opinion then.

For submitting the claim you can just fill, sign, and send in this form http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

This is just an example of something I would say:

"This is my claim for permanent and total and chapter 35 benefits." With my claim I am submitting a letter from my primary physician, with his opinion, that my service connected conditions are permanent and total in nature.

Thank you for your consideration,

Signed

How would I file for P&T? Is there a VA Form or do I just submit a written request within 1 year of decision? Is it useful to get an outside Dr's opinion or should I just stick to the VA system? I want to be fully armed going into this, so any ammo you can give me going into this would be great. Thanks