VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnitus Conceded ?

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

I have heard both sides to this question from a couple of vets at the VA. I was told by one that if you have verifiable combat service ,then they will award an automatic 10 % sc .The other side was of course , c&p and medical evidence then rate or deny.

Anybody have the right skinny on this.

Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA will generally require a C&P exam for a tinnitus, altho there is no exam that can prove whether the claimant has it or not. I've never heard of awarding 10% automatically due to verifible combat service. I have heard of a claimant, who served as a 155 artillery crewman, being denied, which to me is stupidity at it's worst.

pr

I have heard both sides to this question from a couple of vets at the VA. I was told by one that if you have verifiable combat service ,then they will award an automatic 10 % sc .The other side was of course , c&p and medical evidence then rate or deny.

Thanks

Edited by Philip Rogers

Thanks

I was just denied a claim for tinnitus and I had a head wound for which I received a PH in 69 while serving with 1st MarDiv.My whole face turned black from the explosion.I don't think there is anything automatic with the VA except denied.I do plan to file a NOD.

I too was denied a claim for tinnitis. If you ever have to go to Fayetteville,AR VA to the audiology clinic and have an older short man, refuse to let him do your exam! Ask to have another person and reschedule it. I have filed an appeal or NOD ( Not sure the proper terminology ) and I also had a IMO from an audiologist who is an MD. He used to work for the VA and in his report he said that "Most likely than not" tinnutis was caused by being an aircraft mechanic and crewman exposed to 105-120db... I am still waiting on a decision. If I get denied I don't know my next course of action. The man at the VA who gave me my test tried to say that I never reported it, I told the E4 and E5 giving me my test in 1987 before I got out and they told me I needed to get more quiet time to let my ears to relax! I am waiting on my medical records to be sent to me to see if they wrote down anything, I doubt it. When I first walked into the audio booth for the exam he sat across the room and he told me to sit in the other chair across the room and I did. I pulled the chair closer to him and he scolded me like a child for moving the chair. Later he started to put these things in my ears and I took off my ball cap, he told me "you can leave it on." Later during the test he comes back in quickly and makes a beeline to me, grabs my hat and throws it on a table, if I was not at his mercy I would have knocked him down. How would he have liked it if I would have reached over and grabbed an inkpen out of his shirt pocket and started writing. I reported him to the director and they kinda blew it off. The Missouri Vet Rep who is doing my claim said he has heard reports of this guy not wanting anyone to get there claims approved. I told the MO Vet Rep that I would mention his name and he told me not to?? Sorry for rambling but this incident did not sit well with me.

I would keep up the fight for the tinnitus claim. I was awarded 10% for tinnitus and 0% for bi laterial hearing loss. The VA had me see a private audiologist for the claim.

I was an 0311 with Echo 2/3 and was exposed to small arms fire and constant artillery fire.

Thanks for the replies, i will be going forward with this claim. I know what you mean about ignorant employees at the VA.

My last visit with my meds doc, who i have seen 2-3 times previous. After about 15 minutes with him,talking about my meds and their effectivness turns and looks at me and says your so and so right. I wanted to punch him in the mouth and say ,bet you'll remember my name now. I asked for another doc ,which the VA did.They said it wouldn't be a problem since he was being promoted to head of the PSYCH dept. What are you gonna do.

SGT SANDMAN

USMC 0352

TOW MISSILEMAN LAV'S B)