VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearings To Cut Ssd From Va Comp

Rate this question

Guest fla_viking

Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

According to VA Watchdog.com the disabity review commision chairman is pushing hard to hold reviews if veterans who recive VA comp should also get SSD. It is reported the chairman has asked congress to lend great latitude in its interpitaton of the commision charter. The chairman is pushing for a secrete vote by its members to do this.

It was noted the courts interpit the laws and is illegal for congress to do so. Further more there is not authority for this commison to undertake such a task.

Veterans could see some real dirty dealing out of this one and loose there SSD.

Also according to VA Watchdog. OTC is getting millions of $$$$$ to continue on with doing veterans examinatons. OTC was suied because of its blatant cut off of civilan benifits without any justificaton and they lost in lawsuits which proved they were arbitrary and caprousous in there cutting of benifits.

Terry Higgins

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

According to VA Watchdog.com the disabity review commision chairman is pushing hard to hold reviews if veterans who recive VA comp should also get SSD. It is reported the chairman has asked congress to lend great latitude in its interpitaton of the commision charter. The chairman is pushing for a secrete vote by its members to do this.

It was noted the courts interpit the laws and is illegal for congress to do so. Further more there is not authority for this commison to undertake such a task.

Veterans could see some real dirty dealing out of this one and loose there SSD.

Also according to VA Watchdog. OTC is getting millions of $$$$$ to continue on with doing veterans examinatons. OTC was suied because of its blatant cut off of civilan benifits without any justificaton and they lost in lawsuits which proved they were arbitrary and caprousous in there cutting of benifits.

Terry Higgins

Dear Terry,

Thank you for that information. I went to VAwatchdog.org and copied the article and sent it our President, Vice President, all my local Senators, Reps, and even my Governor. I also enclosed a little a note saying, "This is the thanks we get as Disabled Veterans" while you were making your millions we were securing the very land in which you have prospered, and now that I am disabled because of my love for God and Country in which I served with honor and humility. You have such men as General Scott trying to take away our only source of supoprt not only of myself but my family. As I set and look at this article I have enclosed I see my walking devices, and cane, I see the 18 medications I now take. I see my children I cannot play with because I cannot bend and I cannot hold them, all of this is becuase I served a nation I felt was worth fighting and dying for and you Sir was a part of that nation" and I signed my name and gave them my phone number.

What has happened to the gratitude from this ungreatful nation. God have mercy on us. Thank you and God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

Guest fla_viking

When they had the hearings last winter at St Pete Fla before the disablity review commission. I dont think any one had a clue they were going to include SSD in there review. Now because they kept secret this very important issue. The public hearings have been compromized and skewed because no comments were made on this very important issue. If they are serious about this. They should go back to all the citys they been to and allow for public comment on SSD being taking away.

One hope we have. Committes have been ignored since they were invented. Especially VA committes and investigaton. This committe cannot impliment anything. Congress would have to change the law.

My only fear is. Once veterans find out they want to cut our SSD. Those public officals who suppport that act will become more popular with the vets and be voted in by larger numbers by the vets then last electon. One observer of the military and vets says he dont get it. Its like a battered wife going back again and again to her husband.

Terry Higgins

Dear Terry,

Thank you for that information. I went to VAwatchdog.org and copied the article and sent it our President, Vice President, all my local Senators, Reps, and even my Governor. I also enclosed a little a note saying, "This is the thanks we get as Disabled Veterans" while you were making your millions we were securing the very land in which you have prospered, and now that I am disabled because of my love for God and Country in which I served with honor and humility. You have such men as General Scott trying to take away our only source of supoprt not only of myself but my family. As I set and look at this article I have enclosed I see my walking devices, and cane, I see the 18 medications I now take. I see my children I cannot play with because I cannot bend and I cannot hold them, all of this is becuase I served a nation I felt was worth fighting and dying for and you Sir was a part of that nation" and I signed my name and gave them my phone number.

What has happened to the gratitude from this ungreatful nation. God have mercy on us. Thank you and God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

How can they not give you SSD if you worked you paid into the program so how can they just ignore you

Is this something we should be writing to our local "letters to the editor" about, not just senators and such? I mean, of course we want to write to the people making the decisions, but if we let the general public know, especially with a war going on, and the fact that it might be *their* brother or son or father that might be screwed later by this, we might have some luck.

If we need to write to papers or anything, let me know, I'll do so.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

IT would be discrimitory to offset only veterans who get VA comp and SSD. Any one who has a secondary money source should also be offset. Make this a wide spread issue where people can understand if they get like a secondary income they could loose there SS or SSD.

I remember the Goverment saying you cant live on SS alone. Many disabeld vets were forced to live on SS alone while fighting the VA. Myself it took 25 years on SSD alone. When the government made warnings to get extra income because SS would not support you alone. They did not warn if you did get extra money you would loose your SS.

As with the PTSD reviews which had no ligitimitecy to them. This is agaiin an attempt to take a vulnerbel disabled class of veterans and just stir the shit ti make them all upset and worry for months or years to come because we know how crazy the government is.

Terry Higgins