• donate-be-a-hero.png

Okay, I Am An Idiot...........

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

LOOK, PEOPLE! :)

Some of you make it absolutely marvelous to help you! :D

1. WOW, some of you even write in complete, understandable sentences.

2. And, most of you even use punctuation.

3. And know to CAPITALIZE the FIRST letter of your NEW sentence.

4. And, you try really really hard to put things in order of their occurence, you know, like "this happened on 10/10/82 and then I did this on 12/03/83".

5. And, then, when you cannot make us to understand what you are trying to get across to us, and we ask you for more detail, you really deliver the goods, so to speak!

And, when necessary, you always attempt to provide us with ALL the necessary information to enable us to assist you.

Thank you for your time.

LarryJ :D

Edited by LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
This is just "informal" discussion. Caps or not, no biggie to me.

Jerr

I did not speak English until I boarded the school bus, for my first grade class. It has always been much easier for me to understand and read English, if it is written correctly.

My first language was written entirely BACKWARDS of English. The sentences were written Right to Left as were the paragraphs. Yup, that's right. A book was written where you started reading it at what you would consider the back of the book. You started on the BACK page and, as a page was read, you turned the page from the left to the right.

I still, sometimes, "think" in this other language, and, it happens sometimes that I am thinking in this other language while reading in English. So, well, it helps ME to be able to read someone else's writing if they at least TRY to do it correctly.

Informal.........or lazy? "Lazy" is something I don't do very well. "Informal", hell yeah, let's have a brew and chew!

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder
I know and feel your pain Larry, however, this is the same pain, if not worse, many Vets feel from the VA. I am sorry someone felt the need to drop by your home, to me that's not cool or professional. Somehow, this makes me think its someone you know, and in my professional opinion, it would be best served by telling them, or even showing them the errors in their ways. Education doesn't only take place in school. I LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY. When you stop learning you stop living. You keep serving, you are a good dude with great incite, this is why this room needs you and your service...Thanks, Larry...

Yes, I know this person. I got him to join the hadit board, although he does not participate (after seeing some of his "written communication" skills, we are definitely better off without his active participation).

Anyway, he thought, because I am home during the day, that that means I am sitting around, at 0700, waiting for someone to serve coffee to and to help them figure out the VA.

Whatever!

However. He is most probably reading this posting. :)

and no irefuse to wrte lik this when yourite like this you cant expectan y one to tak u very sereousnow can u

Edited by LarryJ

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I sometimes think some of these people are struggling with medications and disabilities where trying to actually type could be very difficult.

My typing deteriorates when it is morning and I haven't had a cup of coffee. It takes much backing and forwarding :) to write a sentence.

I also may be literate but computerate? not so good.

When I see stuff run together, I think perhaps the computer has its own ideas about spacing and returns and doesn't necessarily agree with the person's ideas.

Just a couple of thoughts. :D

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

Larry,

You sound like a true idiot. How dare you put down a fellow wounded warrior’s like that? You appear to be self-centered and very childish. My advice to anyone asking you for assistance is to seek someone else’s advice.

You should no longer be considered as a worthy advisor.