VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letters

Rate this question

usmc0331

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I had a C&p Exam and the doctor diagnosed Fibro and IBS but said he could only speculate as to whether it it truly Gulf War Syndrome. So I think they are trying to classify them as diagnosed illnesses. therefore, I am trying to make sure my nexus is good enough to counter them if they try to decide to deny based on this reason. This is my nexus.

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been Veterans's Primary Care Physician since 2004. I have personally reviewed his Military Service Medical Records as well as the VA Medical Examination performed by Dr. Smith.

As evident in the military records, Brad was constantly exposed to Industrial Pollution, Raw Sewage, Smoke from Burning Trash and Feces, Solvents, Pesticide-Treated Uniforms, DEET, Vehicle and JP8 Exhaust Fumes, and Environmental Pesticides while in Iraq. He records also show he was given numerous vaccines to include multiple Anthrax Vaccinations.

In 2003 upon returning from Iraq, as evident in his Military Records, he complained of Diarrhea, Chronic Fatigue, Constantly Feeling Tired, Difficulty Remembering, Muscle Aches, Headaches, Swollen Stiff and Painful Joints, Weakness, Dizziness, and Light Headedness. He also listed he had health concerns about the exposures and events during his deployment. He specifically listed his concern over exposure to raw sewage, pesticides, and exhaust fumes.

He has been dealing with the following chronic issues since returning from Iraq in 2003:

In regards to his diagnosed Fibromyalgia:

His Fibromyalgia is characterized as widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, headaches, depression, and anxiety. These symptoms are constant and refractory to therapy. I am currently attempting to treat his symptoms with Meloxicam.

In regards to his diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome:

His Irritable Bowel Syndrome is characterized by constant daily abdominal distress. The symptoms consist of constant alternating episodes of severe diarrhea and constipation with mucous in the stool. I am currently attempting to treat his symptoms with Dicyclomine.

It is my medical opinion that these medically unexplained chronic illnesses (Fibromyalgia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome) are more likely than not a direct result of his constant exposure to the contaminants listed above as well as the numerous vaccinations (to include Antrax) he received while performing his military service in Iraq. Veteran has no other known risk factors or causes that may have precipitated his current conditions. He has been dealing with these illnesses for approximately 6 years. There is no medical evidence that relates his unexplained illnesses to a cause other his exposures in the Southwest Asia Theater of Operations during the Iraq War.

I read your letter and it looks very good. Structure looks very similar to the one my doc did for me and it proved successful.

The main ingredients were addressed and it's very genuine, not scripted like some I've seen.

Jerr

I had a C&p Exam and the doctor diagnosed Fibro and IBS but said he could only speculate as to whether it it truly Gulf War Syndrome. So I think they are trying to classify them as diagnosed illnesses. therefore, I am trying to make sure my nexus is good enough to counter them if they try to decide to deny based on this reason. This is my nexus.

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been Veterans's Primary Care Physician since 2004. I have personally reviewed his Military Service Medical Records as well as the VA Medical Examination performed by Dr. Smith.

As evident in the military records, Brad was constantly exposed to Industrial Pollution, Raw Sewage, Smoke from Burning Trash and Feces, Solvents, Pesticide-Treated Uniforms, DEET, Vehicle and JP8 Exhaust Fumes, and Environmental Pesticides while in Iraq. He records also show he was given numerous vaccines to include multiple Anthrax Vaccinations.

In 2003 upon returning from Iraq, as evident in his Military Records, he complained of Diarrhea, Chronic Fatigue, Constantly Feeling Tired, Difficulty Remembering, Muscle Aches, Headaches, Swollen Stiff and Painful Joints, Weakness, Dizziness, and Light Headedness. He also listed he had health concerns about the exposures and events during his deployment. He specifically listed his concern over exposure to raw sewage, pesticides, and exhaust fumes.

He has been dealing with the following chronic issues since returning from Iraq in 2003:

In regards to his diagnosed Fibromyalgia:

His Fibromyalgia is characterized as widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, headaches, depression, and anxiety. These symptoms are constant and refractory to therapy. I am currently attempting to treat his symptoms with Meloxicam.

In regards to his diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome:

His Irritable Bowel Syndrome is characterized by constant daily abdominal distress. The symptoms consist of constant alternating episodes of severe diarrhea and constipation with mucous in the stool. I am currently attempting to treat his symptoms with Dicyclomine.

It is my medical opinion that these medically unexplained chronic illnesses (Fibromyalgia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome) are more likely than not a direct result of his constant exposure to the contaminants listed above as well as the numerous vaccinations (to include Antrax) he received while performing his military service in Iraq. Veteran has no other known risk factors or causes that may have precipitated his current conditions. He has been dealing with these illnesses for approximately 6 years. There is no medical evidence that relates his unexplained illnesses to a cause other his exposures in the Southwest Asia Theater of Operations during the Iraq War.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you have a good letter from the Doc and it should work for you.

Good Luck

Remember you have to have a current diagnosis that the Doc links to your service and show that it has been a problem after service. Many IMO's fail to address all three or are not forceful enough on their opinions.

The opinion should also show that the Doc has reviewed records of the claimant.

Was this under Gulf War topic- I posted a reply there-think it is the same vet??