Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression

Rate this question

ScottCGAS

Question

I have been having problems with getting angry or short with people. I researched some posts, and there was a link in an ad to a Depression Self Help Test and the results said I was moderately depressed. Can constant back pain and always snorting and sniffing and waking up congested, lead to depression or work on your mind. Other people have said constant pain has lead to anxiety or depression. Thanks in advance.

30%Depression,20% DDD, 10% Sinusitis, 10% Tinnutis

AD2 HC-130H, AirCrewman, Dropmaster

CGAS San Francisco

CGAS Sacramento

Spes meo in Deo est

"Semper Paratus"

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Doctors who say that they are afraid to write nexuses, of what are they afraid? My doctor has written at least 10 for me and my friend and another two doctors have written about 10 more for my two other friends. After they are submitted to the VA, how many of those doctors have been contacted by the VA. None. Once a doctor writes your nexus, that's it, their involvement is over, but trying to convey that to some doctors is very difficult.

sarcastic cane toad

• HadIt.com Elder

Doctors who helped Vets used to be punished by our friendly helpful pro veteran VA

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder
Doctors who helped Vets used to be punished by our friendly helpful pro veteran VA

I remember the late 1960's. Vets who sought help used to be punished by the VA . The medical term used for a war related stress disorder back then was, " Crazy Vietnam Vet"...

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

If I were to get a civilian DR. to write a nexus, would I have to have my military medical records?? I have ordered them a year and a half ago online, and SF180 mailed to them about 3months ago certified mail per advice from the folks at hadit.com.. boy it sure is hard to find a Dr nowadays. I will have to search my friends locally to see if they know a Dr. around here.. If there is anyone who knows of a Dr. around Joplin,Mo. feel free to send me a message. (Within 100miles) I guess some doctors want to make the easy office visit money and not have to read through a bunch of notes from other Dr.'s and write a nexus, to much time..

Thanks all at hadit.com.....

CGAS San Francisco

CGAS Sacramento

Spes meo in Deo est

"Semper Paratus"

• HadIt.com Elder
If I were to get a civilian DR. to write a nexus, would I have to have my military medical records?? I have ordered them a year and a half ago online, and SF180 mailed to them about 3months ago certified mail per advice from the folks at hadit.com.. boy it sure is hard to find a Dr nowadays. I will have to search my friends locally to see if they know a Dr. around here.. If there is anyone who knows of a Dr. around Joplin,Mo. feel free to send me a message. (Within 100miles) I guess some doctors want to make the easy office visit money and not have to read through a bunch of notes from other Dr.'s and write a nexus, to much time..

Thanks all at hadit.com.....

JMHO... it would be better if the nexus civilian doctor included that he/she reviewed your service medical records as well.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Commander Bob, I have been waiting on my records since Oct.2008.. I filed for an increase on my 10%DDD. Also Depression secondary to DDD, Chronic Pain secondary to DDD, and Loss of a Creative Organ. I think that my records will take a while. I am going to try and get a Neurologist that another doctor told me about, he said he may do it.. How long would you wait to get records before getting a Nexus??

Thanks all at hadit.com...

CGAS San Francisco

CGAS Sacramento

Spes meo in Deo est

"Semper Paratus"